Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, October 12, 2007

Myrtle Beach

Tom and I recently took a 4 day trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It was sooo much fun. The nice thing about going in September is that the hotel prices are so cheap, the temperatures are hot during the day so it's fun at the beach and cool and breezy at night so it's beautiful outside, and there is not many other people around. The drive down there was so beautiful. It was a 13 hour drive and it was incredible. Driving through the mountains in North Carolina was so amazing and Nashville was surprisingly cool. We went to all the Ripleys attractions (the aquarium, Believe it or Not, moving theatre, and haunted adventure). We also went to Planet Hollywood and Salsaritas (I forgot how much I miss Salsaritas for all those SLU people). At Planet Hollywood Tom ordered a 20 dollar steak and it was the best steak I have ever tasted. He has a ton more cool pics on his camera and I might add some later.


me and tommy on le plage


this was the picture from our hotel room. our hotel wasn't bad, but the surrounding hotels looked like palaces. when we were looking for ours we kept expecting it to be one of the castles. but for 40 dollars a night our hotel was pretty damn nice.

us on our balcony. we had a room on the highest floor.


so at the end of our trip back to st louis we were both tired because it was like midnight and we had woken up early in the mornign trying to find my cell phone (which was never found. my brand new 300 dollar cell phone lost). we stopped in dupo for gas and took some pics to help cheer us up. this is a pic of me pumping gas in dupo. i bought some cappucino in the gas station and it tasted so bad me and tom called it "duporhea"

again me and tom at the beach.


this fish was so fucking cool. it was the nerdiest looking fish i have ever seen. it reminds me of the nerd fish in finding nemo who yells "Oh my gosh! Nemo's schwimming out to schea!" with a really nerdy lisp the reminds me of Sid the Sloth.


in this one you can clearly see it's buck teeth


tom holding a horseshoe crab


me holding a horseshoe crab (it took me like five times of dropping the nasty thing before i finally just picked it up)


this octopus was awesome


tom is holding the shark.


tom and the fish staring at each other


these were so awesome. they are called leafy sea dragons and they are so pretty. i want one for a pet (the picture didn't turn out so well but tom got a really cool picture of them)


this is where i am nearly positive i dropped my cell phone. it was outside the haunted adventure which wasn't that scary but pretty funny cause we had a lot of funny people in our group


van goghs self portrait made from jelly beans


tom being crazy


tom next to the tallest man in the world

these shark jaws are from a shark in dinosaur times. this shark was actually bigger than the t-rex. how scary would it be to run into that while you were swimming?

more pics later

2 Comments:

Blogger jacquelyn said...

I love that octopus

and I love seeing your pics up here!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

thanks for commenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home