Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

hasn't been much conversation, has there

I've figured out what I want to do next summer. I keep switching jobs, because of money, mostly. Or because there's just so much that I could do, and I like to keep trying new things. So this past summer I worked at the Y day camp, which was crazy. Anyway, next summer, I want to be a youth counselor on a cruise ship.

Turns out there are several cruise companies with youth programs, and they hire seasonal workers to watch the kids and do stuff with them, and as a benefit, the staff ends up in Hawaii. Or Alaska, or the Caribbean. Pretty sweet, huh?

On an unrelated note, in order to spice up this post, I'm going to relate a charming anecdote from my weekend. You see, we went down to Capadoccia, where there are these crazy rock formations and monasteries and stuff cut into cliffs. While there, we talked to this guy that sold carpets, and who invited us in to break the Ramadan fast with him and the other guys that worked there. It was very nice, and fun. And this guy told us we should come back, especially since my birthday is coming up. He said, "Come back for your birthday, and we will have a party. The 21st is a special birthday." The next day, as I was saying goodbye, he reminded me again of this, saying, "We'll find you a husband." I told him that I wasn't looking for a husband, not yet, and he said, "Well, maybe a boyfriend, then."

He also told us a dirty joke. In return I told him a Turkish pun that I learned from a popsicle stick, and he thought it was hilarious.

6 Comments:

Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

oh my gosh, anna, i miss you! what was the pun? and are you speaking their language, or english? this is so crazy!

3:56 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

That is hilarious! Get set up with a foreign guy!! hehe :-D Just make sure you don't actually get married to him... unless you want to...

6:38 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

just don't get accidently married to him...

10:43 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

"what is the cleanest fruit?

the cherry!"

It makes sense in Turkish, trust me.

I also like:

"What country has the fattest chickens?

Egypt!"

And don't worry, I'm going to be pretty careful about not getting married.

Oh, and Merge, I'm mostly speaking English. But some Turkish. Iyi Geceler!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Keegan said...

Oh. My. God. Anna, I love you.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

Anna I have a ceramics teacher who reminds me so much of you. Every time I go to class I think of you.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home