Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Sunday, August 19, 2007

bet you wish you were here...

I'm writing currently from my dorm room in Istanbul (I just discovered the Ethernet cord up here, instead of using the wireless in the lobby downstairs). Walking out to the tram station from here, I pass two Nargiles (hookah bars), and then right before the big street with the station, there is sort of a hookah complex, with ten or fifteen Nargile shops right next to each other, each with bean bag chairs or booths, and lots of little tables for the cay and the backgammon (which everyone plays while smoking).

Also, it's a beautiful city. But that in particular made me think of you folks.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger etepetete said...

whoa whoa whoa. you are in istanbul??? When did this happen?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

well, I left St. Louis on the 11th, and got to Istanbul the next day. I'm here for the semester.

This is also why I changed my blogger name, because I had to make a blog for my family. Check it out for pictures (and if you follow my link to Brian's blog you can see his new haircut (in New Zealand)).

Um. Yeah.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Keegan said...

Holy jesus, I had no idea you were in Istanbul. I expect you to update pictures as soon as possible. Your hair is going to be even more blond- look who the picture of aryan beauty is now!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ponyboy Got Goosed said...

anna, that is so awesome! i had no idea you were going there. im with keegan: pictures are a must. man oh man, i hope you have a great time. that sounds like such an interesting place to study.

3:35 PM  
Blogger justsuckit said...

i'm gonna come visit you!

11:04 AM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

hi anna. cool stuff. i'm going to look at your blog now...

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home