Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

WARNING! may contain peanuts

i went to my shrink today to pick up a prescription (guess who's adhd! wahoo! so i get to take medication that apparently will make me better at math. how excellent is that? i'm excited. no more c+'s! right...) and he works in a office building so i got into the elevator with this business guy. and then he let me get out first. and then when i was going back to the first floor, two other business guys were in the elevator and they let me go in and out first. so the point of that story was a really like being a girl and having men let me go first and open doors and stuff. and i also like cooking dinner for my dad. does that make me a bad feminist? did i just set womankind back 30 years? hmm....

i was driving by webster u's campus today (well, i drive by it every day. it's hard to avoid it when you live in webster) and saw all the college kids walking about. and i realized, i'm ready to go. (also, you know when you're ready because the thought of one more trip to taco bell makes you sick) my whole life, i've been avoiding this college thing, but i know realize, i'm ready. sure, i'm scared out of my fucking mind and if one more person tells me "you'll do great" or "you'll have so much fun", i'll spaz. but, nonetheless, i'm ready to leave behind st. louis. watch out world, here i come. and i'm bringing my teddy bear.

8 Comments:

Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

My mom made me leave my teddy bear at home.

5:54 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

hahahahaha i dont talk to enough people, so i havent got too much of the "youll be fine"or "have so much fun" stuff... all i say when i do hear it is "yeah, hope so.."

sometimes guys let girls go first because they are nice, sometimes they let them go first because they arent nice...

7:10 PM  
Blogger puc said...

i'm actually bringing three. they're wonderful companions.

7:19 PM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

how would you know about that, kyle? hmm?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Actually Missy I think that puts you in the same mindset as everyone else: take advantage of every free opportunity to get ahead. I mean who doesn't love free samples and the like?

9:38 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

kinda fell into that one, didnt i? i do follow the "ladys first" rule though, unless they offer first, which sometimes happens... then how am to know whats going on i their minds? no, i dont really think about that unless i get a whistle, then i turn around and smile... its happened about twice in my life... maybe. and this is a long comment on nothing, but thats ok, because currently i have nothing better to do..

12:26 AM  
Blogger etepetete said...

i brought four stuffed animals. Hans (my teddy bear wearing lederhosen from germany), Giraffe, Bunny (I know, I was so good at naming stuffed animals when i was little. These two were my favorites), and Xavier (he is a bear i got at a Xavier picnic back in stl. He is really soft and perfect sized and wears a xavier t shirt). They are all on my desk cause they are little, except for xavier... he sleeps in my bed. :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

i decided to leave Adeth-peh (the elephant) and Jackie Chan (the turtle) at home, but i brought Charles (as in nerinckx, because he has a nerinx sweatshirt on), who is a teddy bear.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home