Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Sunday, August 21, 2005

greetings from hippy u

hey all. i am now at grinnell. yeehaw!

so, i've only spent one night here, and things are kind of weird. because it still feels like a college visit and it hasn't sunk in yet that i'm staying for a long time. grinnell is pretty... unique. for one thing, there's self-governance. so say i'm getting really krunk (just for argument's sake, because i would never actually get "krunk," i'll stick to drunk, thank you). i won't get in trouble unless a) the police catch me with alcohol outside, b) i sell alcohol to minors and get caught, or c) i puke all over the bathroom (in which case i a) clean it up, b) fess up and get a fine, or c) don't confess and my whole floor shares the fine (now, a is the ideal choice, obviously)).

my roommate's cool but there are some odd people on my floor. like the girls who want to start a badminton club... and there's this cool guy from south africa down the hall, and i'm not sure if he's gay or if it's just, you know, being from a completely different continent. van and i are in the same orientation group (because we're the group that couldn't find our groups), and tonight (or tomorrow), we have a talk on "sex signals." more on this as it develops. the sex talk we've already had--and this is a great example of how grinnell is special--had to do with sexile (locking out your roommate while you go at it) and floorcest ("hooking up" with someone on your floor).

that's all for now!

11 Comments:

Blogger kylester said...

hahaha that is special...locking em out. should get those little hotel things that say "do not disturb" but have them read "go find your own good time!" or flip it over and it says "come on in, we need on more..."

or not.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singing the Blog Electric: Podcast Your Way to Stardom
Please enter my order and I'll get 2 Risk-Free Issues of PC World plus 15 Instant Free Power Guides and Bonus Windows Tips CD-ROM. If I like PC World, I'll get 18 more issues for only $20. If not, I'll write ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a chlorine granules site/blog. It pretty much covers
chlorine granules related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singing the Blog Electric: Podcast Your Way to Stardom
Please enter my order and I'll get 2 Risk-Free Issues of PC World plus 15 Instant Free Power Guides and Bonus Windows Tips CD-ROM. If I like PC World, I'll get 18 more issues for only $20. If not, I'll write ...
Car Loans

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Big Picture
Carl Zimmer is the author of several popular science books and writes frequently for the New York Times, as well as for magazines including The New York Times Magazine, National Geographic, Science, Newsweek, ...
Hey, blog surfing! Iinterested, go see acai berry related site. I'snt special but still find something could interest you.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

health fitness find out more at health fitness

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just ran into your blog - nice! I just started discovering blogs and the people that write them - it's hard to read them all. Have to keep my rose garden ebook site up and running too! Ok - I won't promise you a rosegarden but feel free to check it out if you get time :-)

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kottke dumps Technorati for PubSub
Well know blogger Jason Kottke has said farewell and thank you for all the fish to Technorati in favour of PubSub.
My wife and I were looking for some Trastorns Alimentaris informatio and somehow found your Trastorns Alimentaris blog. I keep telling her we need to create a blog urselves. We only have a regular Trastorns Alimentaris site which is at http://anorexia.sirtsaint.com. It's a Trastorns Alimentaris related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

We enjoyed your blog! thanks!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kottke dumps Technorati for PubSub
Well know blogger Jason Kottke has said farewell and thank you for all the fish to Technorati in favour of PubSub.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a oregon real estate site. It pretty much covers oregon real estate related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

7:52 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

everybody needs to flag these people. if possible.

10:33 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

i have never seen that before. how odd.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

this is really depressing. i post, go away, come back and there's nothing. then, the next morning, there's 23 comments. wow! what kind of interesting discussion did i spur? (i think) but no. damn.

by the way, it's only my third day and i've already lost my id and my keys. @$%#^%&# (they just fell out of my pocket!!!!)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home