Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Monday, August 22, 2005

Can computers have PMS?

ok so I have been here (at xavier) for three days now. It has been fun - i like it. But it sucked because I couldn't get online. Everyone around me had it up and running and such and I sat there looking at a computer that had decided to deny that i had an ethernet cord plugged into it. grrr. So when I finally had time in between orientation stuff I went to the iss people (computer help people). So these two guys were very confused and couldn't figure it out. I spent about a half hour leaning against a wall praying that I wouldnt have to get a new computer or something. Finally one of the guys wiggled the cord around a little and TADA!! it works. It turns out my computer has pms and the cord had to be in just right or something. whatever - i dont care as long as it works. so... YAY!! I HAVE INTERNET!! yep.... classes start tomorrow. that is scary. yep.... I don't really have much to say at the moment. talk to me online or something if you want. yeah. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

That's weird. I've never heard of a new lappy having such a loose, well, anything. Glad you got it fixed. Good luck with school. (Wow that sounds scary.)

11:40 AM  
Blogger puc said...

i think computers can definitely pms. one time i opened dory (my ibook, for those who don't know) and her screen went all spasmastic and fuzzy. i took her to dr. coffeey and was like "fix this!" and he wiped her and i started over. i asked what happened and he was like "hmm. have you been neglecting your laptop lately? maybe it's having a bad day." i told him that we just got a new G5 desktop. he's like "ya, it's probably jealous."

computer geeks are funny. and complete time wasters. the two years i had my laptop at nerinx, i probably spent a total 10 hrs in the computer clinic just because coffeey takes forever to do stuff. and it's always just wiping the hardrive. ugh. moron

2:07 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hey, as a part-time computer geek I take part-time offense to that.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

i take no offense to that as a part time computer geek because i know i'm never like that....ha....

6:18 PM  
Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

As a full time computer geek, I nod my head in sad sad agreement.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home