Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hey

Ok well we have all been busy at Truman Anna duh. So here's my schedule so far. First day move in have some moving in activities and festivities and meet people. Go eat ice cream with everyone. Get wasted at a frat party. Go to sleep. Wake up go to class and it repeats. But instead of ice cream we had a dance. However, last night I did not go to a party. Thats right Laura Hovis took last night off from partying. Actually, I just didn't have anyone to party with cause everyone I knew was doing other things. I did however sit up all night talking to this really cute boy named Gerard (and hes white!?). We were up til like 3:30 talking then someone pulled the firealarm so since we were up we got to run the halls and bang on everyones door. It was a lot of fun. So then we all waited outside blah blah and I ran into this other really cute guy I had met through Sarah Hitzel. His name is John. He's cute. So he was wasted but I talked with him for a while and gave him shit for not inviting me to go party.

Well freshmen week is going really well. Not only have I met lots of new people and even better, lots of new boys ;), but then every night you get to party with them all. I really like my SA's they are a lot of fun. And the coolest part of being in Missouri Hall 3 North is that I am currently on the only girls wing in all of 3 North. So theres about 40 guys and 10 girls. Sweet action. And how cool is this: I can have visitors, whether male or female, any hour of the day or night in my dorm room. Yes! And today condom man was dressed up and throwing out free condoms. And last night this guy dressed up as an inflatable penis. It was funny.

My roomate is cool. When I first met her I wasn't sure how well we would get along. But then we started hanging out and I met this AMAZING guy named Ben who is quite possibly the coolest kid ever. So me and my roomate and our neighbor Denise hang out sometimes. I spend 99% of my time with Mike Bono as well. Just because he is representin 3 North as well.

Ok now Katie I better not hear you complain about your computer again. And Jeff (or anyone else good with computers...help!!)
Problem -
To get internet connections at Truman you must first download this thing called Cisco Clean Agent (? about the name). It checks your McAfee and checks you computer to make sure you don't have any viruses. So in order to access the internet for longer than half an hour you have to get Cisco Clean thing set up. So I download Cisco and try to run it. And Ciscos all like "You need to update your computer." Then it showed a link for me to click to take me to the Windows Microsoft update webpage so I can update my computer. However, the webpage thing says that my computer is already updated. So I spent all my free time the first day trying to figure out how to update my computer even though it was updated. So by the second day I was pretty busy but I spent more time fooling around with everything to see if I could figure it out. So then I went down to the ITS desk and they said "Update your McAfee and everything should be fine". So I was like alright and went on with my day. Then that night I tried updating my McAfee and it would not let me update that because of some error or something. So then I called computer support and they couldnt figure it out over the phone. So after wasting my last 30 miuntes (I only have two left) they said to take it to the ITS desk and have them fix it. So I went down there dropped it off for a couple hours and came back. They said my computer hibernated and I left my password on by accident so I had to turn the computer back on type in my password and then leave for another couple hours. So I came back and they had fixed my McAfee. So I was all excited that my internet would finally work. So I brought it upstairs and Cisco did the exact same thing. So I called again and they said take it to the main ITS desk and they would try and fix it. So I hauled everything down there. No one down there knows what the problem is either. So they have to keep my computer for a while and try and figure out whats wrong. Its a fucking brand new computer and its taken three days so far and about 5 people and still no one knows whats wrong. Its really annoying trust me.

Anyways sorry about the computer rant I just want to see if anyone can help me so I don't have to deal with these ITS baffoons anymore. Well, it's time for lunch and Mike Bono is ready to leave. I miss you all. Have fun in school. I will be back for Labor Day (wOOt.)

OH WAIT REALLY IMPORTANT!! I met this guy whos a junior and his name is...get ready for it. His name is Eric Woot. His last name is Woot. Can you fucking believe that? I want to marry this guy so my last name can be Woot too.

Anyways sorry its so long. Havent looked at the blog for a long time
Talk to you all later (if you are going to call me and you dont have sprint wait until after 9 or until the weekend)
Adios

2 Comments:

Blogger pipsqueak said...

Sorry Hov. He's taken.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably too late now but whatever.

First download firefox (http://www.getfirefox.com).

HOW TO BYPASS CISCO CLEAN AGENT (FIREFOX USERS)
You must edit the User Agent value of your browser so it appears as if you are really running Linux instead of Windows.

To change the User Agent string, just enter about:config as an address in the address bar of Firefox, the location where you normally enter a URL (link). I recommend to preserve the original value, which you can get when you enter just about: in the address bar.

Now press the right mouse button to get the context menu and select "String" from the menu entry "New". Enter the preference name "general.useragent.override", without the quotes. Next, enter the new User Agent value, “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/2.2.2; Linux 2.4.14-xfs; X11; i686)” without the quotes.

Logout of Cisco Clean Agent if it is still open and restart Firefox. You should be faced with a network login screen. Happy computing.
Source: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2004/04/24/changinguseragent.html

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home