Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, August 18, 2005

dj...samn!

that was our cheer as we marched about six flags today. we, being dan, jax, sarah, angela, me, and nick (do you see where dj samn comes from now? ain't we clever? dave and brother brendan joined us later, but they were discluded from the anagram) i hate saying this to rub it in people's faces who are out of town and on their college adventures, but i gotta be honest. today was one of the best days of summer. it was hard competition too, because today was up against "charlie and the chocolate factory/harry potter party day" and "zoo day" and "carolyn's neighbor's pool day". so, it was a pretty good day. but if any of our dearly departed friends had been there today, it would've been the best day.

i have to admit something. i, as of yesterday, was a roller coaster virgin. however, due to our splurge of fun today, am completely hooked on them. i loves me the batman, mr. freeze, mine train, the boss, and screamin' eagle. and those huge waffle cones. and energy drinks, which got us really really hyper before going. yes, i especially love bawls. haha.

so, has anyone else had the "college talk" with the parents yet? and i'm not like "so college is coming, are you nervous, you need to apply yourself" talk. i'm talking bout this: "now missy, i've asked your brother to talk to you about sex and drugs in college."

oh dear good mom no.

but yes. apparently people have sex in college. they do drugs and occasionally drink. and i should be careful for guys because i'm a "very pretty girl- aaron, don't you think she's a very pretty girl?" and as soon as i get to boston, everyone will be flocking to me, so anyway, i can't wait to get out of this delusional household where the dog gets feed before me and my mom discuss her college sex life while watching funniest animal videos on tv. wow.


on another note:
i'm having a git together sat. night for our leaving truman peps. yeah, that was it. oh, and my dad thinks it should have a theme. like the circus. with a clown. sooooooooooooo, i'm thinking mountain dew and chips, kay?

7 Comments:

Blogger kylester said...

hahahahaha... no, i havent had the college talk, at least not directly... indirectly yes, once in a while. actually my woodshop teacher has talked with me more about the afterlife of high school than my parents have.

i like your way of writing. it is quite pleasing to my humor bone.

i am a roller coaster virgin, because i dont think that time when my mom was pregnant with me counts (juuuuuussst kidding...)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

i just had that talk today. my dad was like, you've had such great friends; you've been kind of sheltered. but it was a decent talk, because my dad trusted that school had pretty much covered sex talk. so here's what i learned:

1) student health organizations are there to help if you (or a friend) have questions about sexuality or are having problems

2) people can't judge their own level of drunkenness well.

3) the best way to avoid a hangover is to drink lots of water (in between beer or whatever).

and then we watched the lord of the rings. good night. oh, and miryam, i was in your house (to turn on a light). i almost left a note, but then realized you would not find it. damn.

11:37 PM  
Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

Sweet! Partay!

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damnation. Too bad I'll have moved in down in Springfield by the time such a git-together would be going down.

I'm almost tempted to have a git-together tomorrow night (or tonight, depending on when you read this. Friday night, if we want something relatively absolute [yeah, it's an oxymoron, but I'm slanty so I can't be blamed for what I say, right?]) since I'm supposed to be home before 10PM because Dad thinks I need to get my sleep before we leave at 5AM on Saturday (because I'm obviously incapable of sleeping in the car. Jesus.)

I dunno. I'll make calls if it goes down.

3:58 AM  
Blogger ConditSJ said...

Posting Blogger comments while slanty is a bad idea. It makes you forget to log in. Y'know, like I just might have done. Oops.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

hells ya im leaving saturday. and by the way im glad i was informed about this six flags trip everyone knew about you stupid fuckers. ok now thats out of the way ive had the college talk the whole summer except it goes "if you dont do your homework or study in college (which was how i did things in highschool) then you are out of this family".

its funny, my parents keep talking to christie about having sex but christies boyfriend is in stl and shes at mizzou. and they havent given me one single sex talk. that is funny. they think im like....an angel or something. oh well, lets just keep things that way shall we?

ps my mom find out about me and mike makin out in the lunch room however her response was "well hes an attractive man. just be careful cause those older boys only want one thing". wtf? i should be dead now, i lucked out on that one.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

don't worry about the college talk with parents b/c they hit you over the head so many times with facts, figures, and help involving all of this once you are on campus.... it's like high school but then you actually run into people having sex (like i did last night at camp... ask me to explain later)

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home