Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, July 08, 2005

my house was broken into

i came home on thursday night from peter's house with joey and paul, and my front door was open, and the screen was jammed open, right? and there were no lights on and no cars home. i was um, paul, this isn't right, and he's like, let's go back to my house. so we went there, and i called everyone in my family, and then the police. my worst fear was that someone had broken in and the police would find binder slaughtered in my house...i was so fucking scared. so the police came to paul's, then mr. barker, paul, joey and i went to my house, and they check it out, went through the whole place. turns out this guy was walking down the alley, saw my house was totally dark (my dad forgot to turn on the lights when he left), and the flood lights that are sensored that are in our backyard were burnt out. so he came in through tbe back window into our dining room. he moved all the plants and this shelf out of the way, and climbed in. there's this huge handprint that he left too, but he was wearing gloves so they didn't get any prints. and apparently he heard my cat upstairs (anyone who's seen binder KNOWS he makes noise when he jumps around upstairs), so the guy rips open the front door, and breaks the screen door in his haste to leave. not a single thing was taken, and the only stuff that was disturbed were the plants and shelf he moved.
so binder was twitchy and on edge all last night, but then he sleeped with me, which was cool. and he's been a little weird this morning, too. the scariest part is that if i hadn't gone to peter's house last night after i saw mad hot ballroom, i could've come in while he was in the house, or been home while he tried. how freaky is that???? so thank you thank you thank you peter for having people over last night! and thank you ella and jax (sorry, can't spell!) and paul and joey for being so indecisive about doing something last night! and thank you taco bell for taking so long with our order! all of these contributed to my not being home while a creepy man was violating my home.
they took our backdoor key, which goes to our front door as well, so we had the locks changed this morning.
um yea so people, my advice is to get a cat that weighs 20 pounds (and it's all muscle, baby!!) and that makes lots of noise. it'll keep people away.

15 Comments:

Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

i just realized that i made a bunch of typos in that. forgive me.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Oh my god! Holy crap! I'm glad nothing was taken and more importantly that no one was hurt. Even Binder. Especially Binder. Before today I honestly believed all cats would welcome intruders and escourt them through the house. I think I'll go hug my kitties today. I want them on my side.

Jesus F. Christ, that's scary!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger puc said...

wow, sorry. that's so freaky. god bless taco bell. it saves lives

3:11 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

It is scary having your house broken into. *shudder* Blech. I love you merge! Give Binder lots of kisses for me and pet him lots and make sure you tell him what a good kitty he is.

4:07 PM  
Blogger eat_this_corley said...

oh man, margaret... i am so happy that you are safe and everything is resolved and such.

5:37 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

cats beat dogs any day

7:53 PM  
Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

Fuck kylester as much as I hate agreeing with people you got that one exactly right. I was attacked by my neighbors dont when I was young. They had to put it to sleep, i have been a cat person(and own two) since then.

Oh and did anyone else miss the glarring logical error. Everyone seems to be so glad that she wasnt there when the guy came, but she said herself that he saw that there were no lights on, and if she was home there would have been, and there would not be any problem. /shrug.

Kickass that your cat saved the day though.

9:57 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

yea, my dad said that too, about if i had been home there would have been lights on, hence, no break in. but my thinking was, what if he got in and hadn't heard my cat yet, so he was still in the house, and then in i waltz, totally helpless? i kept thinking that maybe i'd get there while he was still in it, or maybe i'd be coming in while he was breaking in, and something seriously seriously bad could have happened.
and yes, cats rule. sophomore year i was bitten on the face by my neighbor's dog (it was mostly a stupid move on my part, i won't go into it), and i'm totally fine now, but it was freaky. i just can't handle dogs.

10:34 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

especially big ones.

10:36 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

margaret I have to say that although that incident was very tragic, it still makes me laugh. I know it had to hurt and all of that, but it makes me think of your love for animals and when that seems to go horribly wrong, which makes me think of when the hamster bit you on the nose and hung on. hehhehehehe oh geez. good times in grade school. :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Jeff, you're lucky we're smart. "I was attacked by my neighbors dont"?

12:53 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Merge! I remember the horrid dog-biting accident. And how you cried. Not because it hurt, but because you were afraid you would have a horrid scar on your precious little face. I love you.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, but I'll bet he smells like poop and broccoli.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

i love my dog mucho much. he's less than two feet tall, but people fear him. (yes, merge, him) so my belief is that the dog would stop someone at the door with barking and jumping or something.

i also love you, merge, and i'm glad you're ok. it's always a good idea to retreat from situations when you're not comfortable.

6:56 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Cats are totally better. No contest.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home