Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nursery

Well you will never believe this...I am sick...AGAIN. Ugh why does my body hate me and my social life? Luckily I'm no where near as sick as I was last time.

I can only guess one place where I could have gotten germs. The nursery I am working at. It is infested with sick babies (the parents don't even care they just drop the kids off anyway infecting all the other kids plus the staff workers) and all the little toddlers and babies just slobber all over everything. The place has to be crawling with germs.

You know how I worked at the YMCA Summer Camps? Well some lady fell and broke her hip and she worked in the nursery and no one else would take her shifts so I got asked to do it. Honestly the YMCA Nursery Worker People are the laziest ever. Many of them complain that they want to leave and they only have two hour shifts. Seriously its not that hard or that long. ANd most of them are over 30 years old.

Surprisingly, I seem to be the only staff person who can get a baby to quiet down. The past two times I worked there have been little babies that are fussy. And I have never worked at the nursery before and these people are old and have been working there for years. And apparently they still don't know how to get a baby to stop screaming and crying. I finally calmed down this one adorable little girl tonight after no other staff member could get her to stop crying for like 45 minutes. Idiots.

My mom thinks I'm faking sick so I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Actually, I have a fever of like 101.2. How the hell do you fake that? And even though in my gradeschool days I spent a lot of time in the nurses office with "headaches" and "stomach aches" trying to get my mom to pick me up from school, that doesn't mean that now, like six or seven years later, I would try and pull the same crap. I am just tired of sitting around at home sick. It sucks and it is wasting nearly half my break. Ugh it sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home