Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

coexist? fuck that we invented handcuffs

Hello everybody! Sorry I haven't seen anyone yet this break but I'm busy adjusting my attitude towards life... does that sound like an awful excuse?

Basically I've withdrawn from Truman, and will go to a "cool" college next fall instead of waste my college experience on Kirksville. I want to paint and read, and have good conversations about painting and reading on the way, so I figure an art/english BA at a really liberal, discussion and not grade-driven school? Yeah so there's that.

Also, on my last night in Kirksville, I was going to say goodbye to all my friends and calm myself down about leaving... but no. Basically, I was arrested for marijuana possession and spent 23 hours in jail, complicatedly... I was watching the sun set on the roof of one of our school buildings, after Luis and I were playing fiddle in a cemetary. Someone saw me on the roof with the fiddle case, thought it was a gun and I was going to go on a sniper rampage, and called the campus police who were huge assholes even after they figured out I wasn't a killing maniac, but just a girl with a fiddle. So that sucked, even though jail was really incredibly interesting.

Anyways, I'll be in Saint Louis for the next couple months, taking art classes at FoPo and working, breathing, etc. I just found out where I'm living (!!) My aunt has an old house in Richmond Heights that she'll rent to my cousin and I for only $250 each. It has one bedroom upstairs and a large-ish walk-in closet, so the deal is my cousin gets the bedroom and I sleep in the "closet" but I'll get the sunroom downstairs for a studio, so I'm happy.

In summation, I'll deal with my court date and settle in the house next week, so after that you all should come hang out and check out the house. It's south of 40, the Bellvue exit if you're coming from the west... I'll work on getting better directions than that.

How is everyone? How is life, school? Boyfriends/friends? I should just come out and ask those questions in person... see y'all soon (sorry bout the yall my cousin from texas just visited)

10 Comments:

Blogger ConditSJ said...

At least your reason for heading to FoPo's a good one and not just "I got sick of class and stopped going so my grades are in the shitter so I pretty much have to withdraw from [in my case] MSU for a semester or two."

Also, the location of that house sounds pretty nice. Walking distance from the Hi-Pointe is always a good thing.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever get tired living with your cousin, i know my brother daniel is always possibly looking for a new roommate and appartment before he moves to chicago. He's cool for the most part.

10:27 AM  
Blogger eat_this_corley said...

oh my god... that is such an awful thing to have happened to such a wonderful person. i am so sorry jaq... please give me a call soon.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Keegan said...

Glad to hear you got out of it alive. If you need anything, give me a call. Just think, your experiences in jail and the events leading up to that will give you great fodder for painting. Hope to see you soon! And Stu, lord help me, my current situation is more "Oh god, I hope all Mizzou does is put me on academic probation."

10:38 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

Thats really scary. Maybe I'm just a huge baby, but I don't think I could survive being in jail.

Were you scared? Did anything interessting happen while you were there?

Iis really good that you are leaving Truman to do stuff you really like to do. You should have a party at your new house.

9:28 PM  
Blogger justsuckit said...

i second the party

11:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

party? i'm there!

1:47 AM  
Blogger ConditSJ said...

I'm gonna go against the party suggestions because somebody will get drunk and run to the cannon and climb on it and fall and hurt themselves really badly.

...Alright, fine. Have a party, since I'll probably be the one to hurt myself on the cannon. St. Mary's is right down the street in case it's really severe.

2:30 AM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

my aunt has to move out first before I can move in and she's kind of a slacker. now she says she'll be out in early january. maybe i'll go over to "help" and make her move faster.

10:06 AM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

cannon? what cannon?

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home