Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

it didn't work...but wouldn't it be funny if it did...

so i thought by living in student apartments it would be like the dorms except I'd have a kitchen and my own room. I'd still meet all kinds of college students and it would be one big party. I thought there'd always be someone to play with. Well that hasn't proved to be exactly true. Everynow and then I find someone who likes to hang out but really everyone kinda keeps to themselves.

But I've found that the best thing is the world is the bus. We have a bus that takes people from my comple to and from campus. There are three stops around the complex and it runs every 20 minutes. And its all either Ram's Village residents of international house residents. Like a school bus for big kids. And I've found that everyone loves talking on the bus. Its the best. I meet so many people. I must meet several people a day on the bus.

Well yesterday I overheard these 4 guys talking about the band emery which is a good one fo sho. Then their conversation drifts on to the subject of hookahs. And well lets face it. We all know my "obsession"/"addiction" whatever to the hookah so i interject myself into their conversation. It ends with me finding out where they live and inviting them over to smoke whenever they want.

So these 3 boys come over to smoke hookah last night. It was really cute. Listened to xmas music. Ate candy canes. Smoked hookah. All in front of a crackling fire. So cute. Then the conversation led us to getting my roommate's "shoe" ( I say "shoe" cause I don't know if you can call a "Croc" a shoe. It's more of a "shoe".) And threw it in a pot of boiling water in the attempts to boil it the point of edibility. We cut off little pieces every hour or so and gnawed on them for a bit. However to no avail. So my request is for you guys to find a recipe for Croc. Straight up boiled water didn't work. It didn't even work when you added ketchup or salt or garlic. Still too rubbery. So ask around and let me know if you guys hear anything interesting...

8 Comments:

Blogger ConditSJ said...

I've got some hypotheses if you can provide a Croc to use. They involve different types of salt and possibly a microwave.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

I'm so drunk. I have no idea what this post said. All I know is Tom's farternity had this drinking thing to drink enough cups to fill the ceiling.

Give me a pair of crocs and I'll eat them.

Sinceerely,
Laura M. Hovis

p.s. Marge, I rememgmbmer you calling me but I froget what you said

8:36 PM  
Blogger matty said...

what the hell did you put in that hookah?

10:22 PM  
Blogger justsuckit said...

too bad all of the boys had girlfriends

1:18 AM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

ah yes girlfriends...too bad indeed...
follow up: i see that original first boy all the freakin time now...saw him literally 4 times in a space of 2 hours today just walkin to and from class...

3:30 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

you know you stalked him.
and you are right about the apartments thing - they are a pit of anti-social behavior.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't your roomie pissed you ate her shoes?

Laura

12:01 AM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

kt...i didn't staulk him...
and hov...nah she's been wanting to try it for awhile
however stu...i don't know if i can snag the other one to bring home...

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home