Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter Wonderland


It iced and snowed a lot here in Saint Louis. It was pretty cool. Here's a picture of the city in snow from my balcony.

Yesterday (Thursday) and last night (Thursday night) were pretty crazy. They cancelled classes after three but my teacher in Public Speaking made us come anyway (my class was at 3:45). I had to give a speech and for speeches we are supposed to dress up nicely. So the only kind of "nice" shoes I have are heels. Well walking in ice in heels is harder than I thought. So I fell and got wet and had to change right before my speech and was late. I got my speech and outline wet so while I was giving my speech I had to skip half a paragraph that I couldn't read. It was also really upsetting cause my speech was about teenage driving and I thought I would be ok talking about EJ but when I was in front of the class it was so hard to do and I nearly burst out crying in the middle of my speech.

That night, me and Tom walked all over campus in the freezing cold to find a place on campus with food that was open but everything closed early cause of the storm. So we went back to my apartment, grabbed the last pack of pop tarts and left to go back to Tom's apartment cause my roomie is a biatch. So we were walking out the doors of Marchetti (where I live) when this huge fucking tree thats about 6 or 7 stories high just falls over right where we were going to walk. Had we left even thirty seconds earlier than we did we could have been crushed. Here's some pictures of the tree and all the damage done on the road leading to my apartment. The road was closed off all day.

We tried running back to his apartment cause I was scared more trees would fall. It was weird, all at once huge branches started breaking off trees and trees were getting knocked over. As we were running back to his apartment the wind was blowing and trees and branches were crackling and falling everywhere. It was scary but really pretty still and kinda fun. Here's a few more pictures of some of the damage done around campus.

Well that was my night last night. I didn't have any classes today due to the snow so it was nice that I was able to sleep in. But as soon as I woke up today started out bad. I walked around most of the afternoon taking pictures. I wanted to hang out and go sledding and play in the snow but I didn't have anyone to do that with.

Well I met up with Tom and was excited to show him some pictures but he didn't really care. We went to the Ceramics studio for him to work on throwing a bowl. He told me I could do one myself and it was my very first time and the whole time he kept putting me down telling me I was doing a bad job. When in reality since it was my first time I did much better than he did. So I got a little bit of clay on him as a joke expecting him to get a little on me in return instead he got it all over my face in my mouth in my hair put some down my pants all over my clothes. I was so pissed. All I wanted to do is see if I could make a bowl and I just got clay all over myself. And Tom kept talking to me like I was stupid. I hate when people treat me like I'm stupid.

My day only got worse. I was hoping to have a nice night like Keegan but thats not how it turned out. I just spent the night again taking pictures around campus and sitting alone by myself watching South Park. I wanted to go play in the snow and then cuddle up in a warm apartment with hot chocolate and close friends. It really just makes me miss you guys so much. I miss having friends I can just act like my complete self around and spend all day sledding and having snow ball fights and not having to worry about people thinking I'm immature. Anyway, I just really miss everyone a lot and I miss having friends like you guys. I'm not sure if my standards are too high, or whatever, but I have met tons of people but the more time I spend with them the more I realize I don't really like them that much. There is no one I could see myself becoming really close friends with. And all the people I thought were my friends on campus are usually busy with their own group of friends, which is understandable but it sucks for me.

I ended up taking hundreds of pictures. It's nearly impossible to capture the beauty of real life into a picture without a really expensive camera. I tried my best but I couldn't find a way to show the sun sparkling through the ice covered trees or the beauty of the rose bushes with roses covered in ice and sparkling. But here are a few more. Sorry for posting so many pictures but I spent such a long time taking them all and I know I'm no professional photographer or anything, I've never even taken a photography class. But I think photography is fun and it's nice to have friends to share your pictures with, you know?

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

love all the pics!

they kinda make me miss home....

5:18 AM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Yeah, really fantastic pictures. I think it's so weird that the Midwest is getting all this snow and we haven't had but a light flurry since the end of October (when we got pretty much what you guys are getting now). Although I can hear the wind outside, and it's starting to get pretty fucking cold. So maybe we'll get hit tonight!

3:32 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

the pics are really cool :-D

5:15 PM  
Blogger Fleaboy of the Night said...

i love you, sorry for being mean at the ceramics studio.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home