Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

my hands smell like developer

Warning: This post is really random, i just felt like posting.
My hands smell like developer (faintly). Its kinda gross really. I have washed them twice and put lotion on, and yet they still smell like developer. Developer is the chemical that makes pictures show up on paper. I developed some prints today, so my hands smell. If you are wondering what they smell like, ummm smell some negatives after they have been developed or something - or just imagine a chemical smell with a twist? I am basically in love with photography. Its a lot of fun. The whole taking pictures part is fun, except when I feel creey and stalkerish and moms give me funny looks for taking pictures of their cute children when they are playing on the sidelines at a soccer game. Whoops. Developing the pictures is a ton of fun, because it is so cool to watch this seemingly blank piece of paper turn into this amazing black and white photo. Black and white photos are amazing by the way, they make everything romantic and beautiful, or more stark and I think it adds much more meaning to the pictures. So.... basic summary... I am in love with photography.
To go along the lines of the past 3 posts, I am also thinking of going abroad this summer. The art program has a three week art class. We stay just outside of rome, and every day we ride in on a bus, and go to the museums or historic sites etc, and draw etc... So basically learning and drawing from the masters of art and their amazing works. I am still not sure if I am going to go, becuase of money stuff, but I really want to because this is a once in a lifetime chance (i know - that is soooo sterotypical and WAY overused) but at the same time true.
Another thing - living with people is weird. Especially when you know that you chose to live with these people. The girl that is actually my roomie is awesome (Caitlin if some of you guys remember meeting her this summer). We get along really well. We have similar outlooks on life and senses of humor. The other two (Jenna and Erin) are sometimes fun as well, but at the same time aggravating. As you guys know, I get in random weird moods, where I basically do all kinds of random stuff that doesn''t make sense, and I just sit there giggling. Cait joins in and laughs at me. Jenna and Erin just kinda look at me funny. Oh well, I kinda like scaring them sometimes, hoping that one day they will actually laugh.
la la la. I am bored (which is why I am posting). Jenna and Erin are sleeping, and Cait is studying O.Chem. Poo. I have decided that I hate O.Chem because it ruins lives and turns some of my favorite people into unhappy study freaks who stress out and either rip limbs off of mascot stuffed animals (Nick) or babble about something or other (Cait). I am glad that I will never have to take that damn class.
Ok. I am done rambling now.
Love ya guys!!

6 Comments:

Blogger etepetete said...

an example of random babble - "1,3-dimethylcycloheptane". I don't even know what that means. But she just told me that she had learned something about it.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I didn't know you were in a photo class! I am too. It's soo much fun. The first time I developed negatives it took forever, but after that it's a breeze. I was surprised. I'm making prints later this week. Cannot wait.

What kind of camera do you have

11:31 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

kickass, katie...go to rome...why the hell not?

12:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

maybe i'll see you there... :)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

What's your major Katie?

ps Everyone seems to have really short study abroad sessions. The study abroad at Truman and at SLU last a whole semester.

5:03 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

we have whole semester ones too, i am just choosing to do a summer because I don't think i could handle a whole semester and there aren't any that would apply well to my major.
Hovis- I am an art major. possibly with a concentration in graphic design or photo.
Peter - My camera is one from 1978 (my parents bought it the year after they got married). It is a 35 mm SLR Camera - Fujica ST605N. You? Developing rolls of film sucks. I hate it. But printing - now that rocks. It is soooo amazing - and you get to actually see what you are doing! No more total darkness! Haha.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home