Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Popo

Popo meaning police of course. Last night I had one of the scariest moments of my life.
I was driving home from mikee's, lalalalala. Listening to my The Faint CD. Everything was ok, my mind was a little preoccupied, but whatever. I saw some cops on the side of the road, so I decided to slow down the speed a little - you know to speed limit. After a while I was like, ok I am safe.... so I speed back up... and then I see it. A car parked on the side, it looked like a normal broken down car, but no, as I passed it turned its lights on, and flashed them at me. So I was like "DAMN! Oh good, maybe it will just flash the lights, not pull me over....". My hopes were dashed into the dirt a few moments later when I saw it pull out onto the highway and start coming after me (I knew it was me cause there was no one else around). So I pull over - and like 100 feet in front of me is the little "St. Louis City Limit" sign. I again was quite mad, but I couldn't really pull back out onto the highway and keep driving...
So I then remember - oh yeah, license and registration. Fuck what is registration? It is the insurance card right? So I reach over to the glove department for the card, and there is a bunch of random shit in there. Finally I find the card and turn around to see a flashlight shining right in my face. I almost screamed.... So I am shaking so bad I can barely hand him the two cards (the insurance one severely bent...). So he is like "Where are you heading?" "Home" "Where do you live" "Uh.... the city" I got a look then.... I am so used to just saying the city, I forget to give specifics because usually people don't know what I am talking about... "S-s-s-soulard" was all I could mutter. "Uh huh. Late for curfew or something?" "N-n-n-no sir." "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "Yes sir. I was speeding" "Any idea how fast?" "uh...... 70?" (Shit, I had no idea, I thought I was going 70 because that is what I usually go and I had just been speeding back up) "Try 80." My heart sinks. Oh shit. I am in for it now.
So he goes away for like 5 minutes while I sit there shaking almost seizurish.... I thought I was gonna have a heart attack, puke, and faint all at the same time. So the little city sign is in the distance mocking me and I am just sitting there hoping he lets me off easy..... praying......
He comes back and goes "So Kathleen...." for a split sec I was like "huh?" but then I was like, oh yeah, thats my name. duh. "Here is your citation. Your court date is August 10th at 7 pm". My heart sinks yet again. I didnt think it could sink any lower. At this point I think it is somwhere down in my toes. Then he says some other stuff that I don't even remember, I was shaking so bad.... then he tells me to sign the paper thing. So I answer by saying "Os." See, in karate os is like a really spirited yes. And so when you are given directions or something by a higher ranking person, you say "yes sir, no sir, or os" and I am so used to just saying os that it is like a reflex. I sank lower in my chair then. I was like PLEASE say he didn't hear that. So I quickly followed it with lots of "yes sirs" and stuff. So then he finally says "Slow down and drive safe. Have a nice night." I was like right.... nice night. thanks. you just ruined it stupid.
I was shaking so bad the entire way home. I called obtuse like five minutes later and burst out crying the entire way home. blah blah blah. I never want to get pulled over again. Speed limit or 5 over for me from now on (watch, in two weeks I will be back up to 80).
I havent told the 'rents yet. I didn't want to wake em up last night, so I am telling them when they get home from work tonight. pray they dont slaughter me. they better not, my sister has gotten pulled over a bunch of times, i just dont ever know how they reacted because I was never there when she told em.
*shudder shudder*

13 Comments:

Blogger puc said...

you poor thing. that sucks majorly. i'm sorry.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

katie!!! i'm sorry that happened... that's so scary...

1:28 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

i just told my mommy and she seemed ok - she seemed to feel more sorry for me because i was so scared about the court thing. My sister's boyfriend says he got a lawyer to do everything for him when he got a ticket, and so my mom is probably gonna do that, so i dont have to do anything! yay! I feel bad though, cause it costs lots.....

2:29 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

oh my god, katie, that sucks so bad!!! cops are freaky. i'm always scared they're going to turn out to be bad cops and like, rape the people they pull over. i saw that on some show one time. but man that sucks, but it's good that everything is working out, and that your mom didn't freak out. anywho, back to cleaning!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

hey you should have cried with the cop standing there. my sister and i have gotten out of tickets because of that. actually only two tickets we've gotten out of. but still you know try the crying thing and act all innocent and helpless. it works sometimes.

3:50 PM  
Blogger puc said...

some techniques i heard:
- keep a bottle of water with you and when he comes walking to your car, spill it on your crotch and claim you have an overactive bladder
- say that you were at work and ordered a pizza to your house and you wanted to get there before the delivery guy

4:33 PM  
Blogger Ponyboy Got Goosed said...

oh sweetheart! i got the shakes just reading about that. i would probably shit myself or something if that happened. or break down. i hope everything turns out ok!!!

5:30 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

i remember the first time i got pulled over... 42 in a 35... thats when i found out my speedometer was off... the and of course i was going to pick my bro up, so my dad ended up seeing me get pulled over, and walked over... like it needed to be any better... i got off with a written warning, but the sight of red and blue lights is enough to make anyone sick... i know i was, and shaking too. and if a cop gets behind me for some reason, i find someplace to pull of just because

7:37 PM  
Blogger ConditSJ said...

Damn. That sounds like you were right by my house (presuming you were on 40). I gotta say that 40 is the only highway I won't go over 70 on, after getting pulled over around 3AM for having a headlight out. I should've gotten arrested for driving after curfew with an intermediate license (and I was doing about 75).

I guess I just got really lucky getting a nice cop.

The only ticket I ever got? Yeah... Never told the parents. They never found out. I just paid the fine and left it at that.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

but if you just pay for it your insurance goes up. i assume that means you pay for your insurance? or your parents would have noticed. when i got a ticket my parents hired a lawyer because they figured it would be less expensive to just pay for a lawyer than to pay for the ticket and the increase in insurance costs.

9:52 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

i was on 44 actually.

4:10 PM  
Blogger eat_this_corley said...

hey it was bound to happen at some time or another. i think everyone gets the scary "pull over" at least once in their life. now you have gotten yours out of the way! im sorry it had to happen though.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Belladollface said...

That sux! I just got a ticket too! I havent gone to my court date yet. Its the worst feeling in the world when you get a ticket!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home