Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, July 15, 2005

Pissy people at work

Sonic today was so crazy. We were being audited, so everything had to be done absolutely perfectly. And of course, we ran out of ice cream and limes while the auditor was there. But I was never taught the correct way to clean and cut limes, so the manager told me not to cut any. Without fail, we had about 10 orders that needed limes. So I just sent them out without any. And to make matters worse, it was pouring down rain. We have also never been that busy since I've been there. There wasn't even room on the counter to put all the drinks and ice cream things I was making. But we got 96% so I guess it all worked out ok. One girl was sitting down and looking all bummed and I asked if she was tired, you know, just trying to make small talk. And she said, "No, I just found out I'm pregnant". Now I don't really know her that well, so I was like, "Wow. That's big news." She didn't look happy about it. Awkward.......

5 Comments:

Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

How hard is it to cut a lime. They arent that big, all you have to do is take a knife and slice them in half a few times till you have nice little wedges. They never showed me how to cut watermelon before I did it, and the knife we use for those is probably the same ones terroists use to chop of peoples heads. Really big and really sharp.

We hang out at Sonic on Monday nights, and they hate us, because we order lots of stuff that no one ever claims. They get really pissed when that happens. One time we were able to get 5 extra long cheese coneys for free because no one claimed them and the girl just left them outside and ran back in almost crying. Free food tastes even better than food you actually pay for.

10:36 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

not when you make someone cry over it... and its prolly not cutting limes thats incredibly difficult, but doing it in one of two ways... the way sonic wants, and/or a sanitary manner... which is kinda a big thing in the food business, believe it or not

9:45 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

i dont know about the limes. i think your boss just wanted them to be perfect so he didnt have you do it...i mean would your boss have acted like that was it a regular day? my guess is maybe not but i could be very wrong.

and about the free food. thats funny until you make someone cry about. im all about free food but if you fuck too much with someone it just takes the fun out of it. or at least it does for people with souls.

5:50 PM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

wow jeff, stealing. you must be cool.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

yeah, i would think that maybe if you have a job, or have an inkling of what it's like, you wouldn't want to make someone else's harder by being a jerk to take advantage of them. maybe that's just me.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home