Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Whoa

I am feeling very grown up at the moment.
My dad emailed me last night with some ideas for a summer job/internship. So, I decided to email both of them. I had to write professional sounding emails to both of them. SCARY! AH!
Then, there was an email in my inbox about a student business that is getting started that needs graphic designers and blah blah blah. So, there goes another official sounding email.
AHH!!
I dunno, it felt cool being all professional and I am really excited about possibly getting a job that actually pertains to my major instead of filing paperwork, but at the same time it scares me shitless.
So yeah, just needed to spout about freaking out momentarily. Phew. Too much being grown up in too small of a span of time. Maybe I should go play some videogames.... hehe :-D

10 Comments:

Blogger porgie said...

If it's any consolation, we made slim in orgo lab today and I was like a 7 year old the whole time playing with it. My lab partner, kate, had to take it away so I could do my lab writeup.

Grownup things suck!
I want to watch old school nickelodeon!

4:09 PM  
Blogger porgie said...

slime, not slim. You can't make slim, you can only be it.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

i know what you mean katie...i got an email a couple of weeks ago for a job offer for another harley dealership...and i had to very professionally decline...but that email kinda scared the shit out of me too....

5:13 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

Damn Katie congrats! Don't be scared cause you have so much talent. Lol at my job I just run around, play tag and kickball, and swim with little kids so I don't have to worry about growing up yet.

ps I am a dummy. I sat trying to figure out what a slim was for like five minutes before I decided to look at the next comment. And George, you make me laugh

10:47 PM  
Blogger matty said...

"i don't know what i've been told
you never slow down, you never grow old
i'm tired of screwin' up, tired of goin' down
tired of myself,and tired of this town"

it seems like we're growing up. but don't worry...just remember these days, and you can always kind of bring them back. responsibility is a bitch, but there's always a way to have fun and be responsible. it sucks growing up, but dammit, we will always be young if we keep the mindset and get our shit done :) let's just not be that boring married person when we get older...please.

1:31 AM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Yeah, I've got a freakin internship next semester. And in Paris! I mean, half of my vocabulary is gonna be shot because I am far from fluent in French. Save me.

1:10 PM  
Blogger justsuckit said...

i'll be in rome! which means i'm gonna have to come visit you and vice versa. woohoo! anyone else going abroad in the fall?

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be in Turkey! Please let's see each other in Europe!

Anna

7:59 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

I'll be in China sometime. Come visit me.

1:37 AM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Oh definitely, Laura.....

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home