Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, April 19, 2007

New Topic?

Hey chicoritas! Hows it goin? I just thought it was time for a new post since the old one is getting kinda debated out....
So as I sit here and try to think of a new topic the only thing that comes to mind is summer. I was going to say something about end of the year exams and shit, but I am tired of talking about those with all my schoolmates - so summer it is!
I am getting home probably on May 11th - or at least that is when they kick me out of my apartment.
I am gonna be in Rome for three weeks (May 26th to June 17th) for an art class. That's right - an art class in Rome. How kickass is that? I am pretty damn excited!!! Europe here I come!!!
Other than that I am going to be hanging out in stl (for the most part) and helping my sis get ready for her wedding. I may possibly be also getting a job, if I can find one. I am excited cause I can't wait to see you guys and I really really need a break from school. :-D
What are all of you guys doing this summer?
When are people gonna be home??
Any ideas of things we just HAVE to do this summer? hehe :-D

7 Comments:

Blogger porgie said...

I'm working full time this summer, just like last summer. I suggest that we go on a camping trip.


Let's do it!

7:32 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

I'm flying in May 7 at 9:53pm. I'll be working at the Holiday Inn again, which you're all welcome to visit (as long as you don't come in a huge crowd). My family has a camper near Union, MO (about an hour away) and as soon as I become a member we can go there. There's a river for swimming and open fields and woods for hiking and so on. It would only be $3/person/night. Plus cost of food, of course. And I will probably charge you just to be in my presence cause I am that cool.

9:37 PM  
Blogger matty said...

um...union is awesome. the borbeuse is a great, muddy river. my g'rents live right on the river in union :) and i'm already pretty much home for summer...save for mon-wed of the next two weeks. i'll officially be home on cinco de mayo...anyone up for the horse track that night? and lots of beer of course...

9:44 PM  
Blogger porgie said...

LETS FUCKING DO IT! Seriously, mrm is our savior!


And I will be seeing you this summer at the Holiday Inn because i'll be bored and you are definitely within walking distance.

11:23 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

camping sounds good to me!

11:26 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

your MOTHER sounds good to me!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

Last year I tried to plan a float/camping trip and no one was interested. I would be up for doing it again this year though. There is this really cool place called Blue Springs that has good float trips its right by my cabin but my dad would never let us stay at our cabin and our property is locked up . But must campsites are really really cheap like 2 or 3 dollars a person like Pip said and we could split the cost of the float trip.

I'm so excited too. I am going to study abroad in China for a semester. I am also (hopefully) going on a two week trip to Africa. My senior year (which will be later than everyone elses because I transferred and credits got screwed up) I am studying abroad in Australia. Me and Tom are also considering going to France this summer for a volunteer project. By the end of college I will have travelled to 6 continents.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home