Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, April 20, 2007

My semester in a nutshell

An adorable photo of me and the love of my life
We all love nuts, don't we?

Let's seeeeeee. I feel like this semester has gone by very slowly, but the year has gone by very quickly. I can't believe I'm practically half way done with college. Freakin' scary.

Anyway, my course load this semester has been fairly easy. Most of my stress comes from extra-curricular activities. I haven't seen any real fires this semester, but I'm still having fun on the fire department. I'm not in any shows at St. Mike's, but a friend of mind gave this guy my phone number when he was looking for people for his musical, An Office Collage, so I've got basically the main role in that. It's pretty exciting cause I've always just been in the chorus. I'm hoping it will give me a confidence boost for auditions for St. Mike's musical next spring, Closer Than Ever, because in general I get extremely nervous when singing at auditions and basically suck major hairy balls. It's kind of frustrating because we open next Thursday and people are still struggling with lines. We tried to do a full run tonight, skipped about 3 pages, tried to go back, and the director had to stop us cause we were digging ourselves deeper and deeper in a hole (I, of course, was perfect, you know me). And there's this self-centered bitch in the show who is a super diva. She complains about everything and can't take direction. On the bright side, the guy who plays my husband in the show is pretty cute, and he's 29. Ow ow.

Speaking of good-looking guys, Mike and I are getting on famously. May 17th is our one year anniversary, making this about 6 times longer than my longest relationship so far. So. Woot. I got to go meet him and his friends in New Orleans for spring break (I think I told you guys that). We had a wonderful time, despite a little friend drama. For somebody who doesn't really like theatre that much, almost all of his closest friends are theatre dorks (including me, of course). He loves film, though. He's got himself hired out to film some weddings this summer; he even started a business with his friend Mike from Tulsa. So he'll pretty much be making upwards of $50/hour for the gigs, which is rather excellent.

And speaking of St. Louis, one of my bestest friends from school here is planning to move to St. Louis after graduation because her boyfriend (who she plans to marry at this point) is going to the Lutheran (I think) seminary there. I will probably share her with you. I didn't think I could ever say this, but she may be even whackier than you guys.

Also, I am studying and doing an internship in Paris next semester.

3 Comments:

Blogger etepetete said...

You are adorable, Pip! Break a leg at your show! I am sure you will do swimmingly! hehe :-D

12:07 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

First of all, not everyone likes nuts. They are deadly to some people.

Cute pic. Freaking adorable. I thought I was the only person who moved to Saint Louis for a boyfriend but I guess not! What's your friends name?

12:52 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Just because you're allergic to something doesn't mean you don't like it, OK??

My friend's real name is Anna, but she goes by Tula.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home