Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, January 26, 2007

as i lay here dreaming...

i have found myself looking back on our high school days and remembering what is was that i found important at that time in my life.

it amazes me how much has changed.

i believe that i have found what i want to do with my life (yay nursing!) and i also believe that i know exactly who i want in my life for good. problem is, people think i'm crazy and that i'm just holding onto the past. maybe i am and maybe i'm not. i will tell you this though, i'm tired of waiting. i want to be done with school now, i want to move to the west coast now, i want to get married and have a home and all of that now.

the more i think about that the more and more i begin to feel selfish. i have an amazing life right now and i'm letting things that haven't even happened yet bother me.

alot of changes are going on with everyone right now.
life is short, enjoy every minute.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reine said...

I've often found myself wanting to be married and get pregnant. That sounds creepy, but babies are so fucking cute I just want one right now. I day dream a lot about my future house and husband and pets and babies and how me and Michelle will still be really close and our kids will be good friends. Wait Michelle won't be old enough to have kids. Whatever.

Anyway I think its perfectly normal to hold onto the past and to wish the future was here.

7:03 PM  
Blogger justsuckit said...

i find living in the present is too much fun to look ahead

11:09 PM  
Blogger matty said...

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34
Yes I'm quoting the Bible. But I feel this one is warranted. All of those things are going to be great when they come...but if you keep looking for the next great thing, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't just live in the present, remember that what brought you here, to this point, is the past. And remember this: the future exists only in your mind. To every person the future is different. You are picturing a house, the beach, babies, a hubby...but isn't there a possibility that something even better might come along and reshape your future? If you keep looking to the future, you'll miss those opportunities in the present. Live for today as if it were your last, so that you may wake up tomorrow and never have to look back.

11:56 PM  
Blogger matty said...

sorry for the long comment...i haven't slept since wednesday thanks to homework and damn parties at my house, and i'm feeling philosophical. so i thought i'd share my current philosophy with y'all. i miss you guys a lot.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

i find that i think to much about the present to consider either my past or my future...

advice: lean wit' it. rock wit' it.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home