Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the firing and rehiring of stephanie

ok, so being an RA has been good for me this year. yes, i've messed up and made mistakes... but hey i'm human. these mistakes have put me on RA job probation. ok, now with that said, enjoy!
sunday night i decided that i was already sick of school (yeah.. one week down and already at that point). well what else would i do but decide to drink a bit to take the edge off? so i go into my friend heather's room and drink with her and 3 more of my residents. now, as you can all probably figure out that was a horrible idea on my part 1. being their RA and 2. being on probation. ok, so the only people that saw me drinking in the dorm were the four people drinking with me and matt who had been hanging out with me beforehand.
so we're feeling pretty good and decide to go over to the lambda chi party. i get there.. having fun.. dancing, etc. well matt shows up (and yes.. things are STILL weird with me and him) and anyway he is there like all up on this girl and in my drunkeness i freak out on him. matt pushed me, i pushed back needless to say we got thrown out of the party. well matt was sober, brooke (the girl he was on) was drunk and so was i... so not really a good situation to start with.
basically, matt brooke and i are screaming at each other in from of the frat house and finally they begin to walk off and for some reason i chase after them. i end up back in matt's dorm with him and we have this huge argument in the lobby. (most of this is what i heard from other people b/c i dont' remember alot of that night).
ok, well i finally make it back to my building and then chill out with some of the guys and go to bed.
the next day i'm called by my boss and i already know that i'm completely screwed. she tells me that she knows that i was drinking with my residents and in the building (two huge no-nos for RAs), and she tells me that matt ratted me out.
needless to say, i was fired on the spot. i freak out all of monday and part of tuesday b/c without the RA job i didnt have enough money to stay here in Tulsa and was gonna have to come back to StL.
It was just yesterday that my boss had a change of heart (and lots of threats from the residents of this building b/c i let them get away with alot and why would they want to start getting in trouble now?) so i'm rehired but this whole side of campus hates matt b/c he's the only one who said anything to my boss about me drinking. yes, i messed up... but as my friend that was not the right thing for him to do.
either way, things are crazy right now. matt and i are taking a break from each other and gonna see how things are later down the road.
i just can't believe that within the last 48 hours i went from being fired and ready to drop out of school to everything being back to normal... its absolutely crazy!

4 Comments:

Blogger eat_this_corley said...

um... he PUSHED you?!

wtf?

5:12 PM  
Blogger Keegan said...

Holy monkeys.

5:21 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

i think keegan put it well. so i will just ditto her.

10:09 AM  
Blogger porgie said...

they must really like you there, steph.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home