Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Africa

I am going to apply to go on a service trip to Africa. I think I have a pretty good chance of being able to go because there weren't that many people at the meeting to apply and they said they are taking like 15 people and they will chose people based on prior experience and how much they think that person really wants to go. Well I went to El Salvador (prior experience) and I really want to go.

I am soooo excited. It is so cheap. 1500-2000 for two weeks. That includes the cost of everything except spending money. How amazing is that? El Salvador was only one week and it was nearly 1000 dollars. Plus I know a lot of people in my family and family friends who are willing to donate 100-200 dollars for me to go, plus my parish has a special fund for people going on trips like this. Plus my parents said I could go, but my mom is a little worried cause she is nervous it might not be totally safe. I think Ghana might be safer than El Salvador, but I'm not sure.

They said we will be spending some time in a small village in Ghana. But they said they also want to do touristy things, such as going to the rainforests and things like that. AHHHHHH how amazing is this?!?!?!? The only thing that could stand in my way is if more than 15 people apply (which I'm not sure that will even happen) and I get turned down, but again they said people who are motivated to go on the trip and who have been on a trip out of the country before are the ones who will get to go. I'M GOING TO AFRICA THIS TIME NEXT YEAR!!!! wOOt.

3 Comments:

Blogger porgie said...

For more on Ghana: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/country_profiles/1023355.stm

Sounds spiffy.

5:23 PM  
Blogger porgie said...

that didn't work as well as i thought it would

Go to BBCnews.com then type in Ghana in the search bar.

5:24 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

sounds awesome hovis!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home