Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Beach

Ok since everyone here is useless I am deciding everything for myself.

We are going to leave July 31st (the day after my birthday) and get back on August 5. That is leaving on a Monday and getting back on a Saturday. We are going to go to Miami. I found a hotel that will cost $130 for 6 nights. If this is too expensive let me know and we can just stay for 5 nights. The hotel is right off the beach and has lots of cool features. There is wireless internet, a pool, room service, handicap rooms (although that doesn't apply to us), a restaurant, health club, concierge, spa services, and pets are allowed.

This is 11 miles from the city. So if we were able to find someone to drive we could go into the city. It shouldn't be too expensive...it's not as good of a deal as the other hotel but I think it is worth the extra money to be in Miami and right off the beach. I guess the biggest issue now to figure out is if anyone can drive or not. I suppose this doesn't apply to Keegan, but anyone else who has a car and a liscense ask your parents if you could drive. Whoever drives will not have to pay for any gas cause of all the milage there would be put on the car - I think the gas cost should be split between the people who aren't driving. So, whoever drives this trip will be a lot cheaper for you.

If anyone has any problems with that idea let me know!

12 Comments:

Blogger Cajackster said...

does the handicap ordeal count for mental handicaps cause then it'll apply to mrm...so watch out for that one....

6:44 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

oh alright...well then i suppose it doesn't matter...

9:21 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

Um fuck you. I guess we can go the second week in August then. I didn't think this Europe thing was actually going to happen this summer.

Do you guys already have a place to stay and everything?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

well i'm still paying for the last time i took a trip to the beach...and the only way i'd be able to go is if i drove and well...i don't have a whole car so much anymore...now i only have like 5/8ths of a car...so that won't really get us very far...plus i'll have to be working all summer to fix my car...so have fun guys...

12:42 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

Thats cool. Nick I don't think anyone in St. Louis could be doing the same things we would be doing on the beach because...Well St. Louis isn't next to the ocean.

We need eight people and I think we might have all eight. Not everyone is positive yet though.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

i go back to school august 2... so that doesn't work really well.. sorry!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

Aww that was a cute thing to say. (I'm not being sarcastic)

10:36 AM  
Blogger etepetete said...

i can't go hovis. sorry. i just don't have the money.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Reine said...

Ah people quit apologizing for not going! We have the right amount of people right now so if anyone else did want to go I would have to kick someone else off the trip.

This information can be disregarded by everyone except the people who are going on the trip for sure.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

I'm not actually going to tell someone they can't go. My point is the people who are going on the trip who should be commenting on this post didn't and the people who aren't going and could just ignore this post ended up commenting on it.

My point is we have enough people and everything so I don't need fifteen comments saying "I can't go" I need like four saying "This weekend is ok for me" or whatever

10:32 AM  
Blogger etepetete said...

ok well you should have said that instead of "everyone here is useless" because i saw the everyone and took that to mean me as well.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

Oh sorry. That was a joke because I've tried calling people and asking people to tell me what weekends they can go but no one really has done anything. So instead of waiting for everyone else to reply (which I called them useless because they weren't replying to my posts) I decided to chose for myself.

Sorry for the confusion.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home