Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, August 11, 2005

"ummm, do i want to know why the wood glue is out?"

that's what my brother asked me first thing i saw him this morning. i said no and slyly hid the chair that someone carolyn/dan broke after my first act of what can truly be construed as disobedience; an un-supervised house party. yet, as anticipated, when my parents learned of the event, they didn't care. in fact, direct quote from my mother: "sounds like fun!"

anyway, parents are back in town, sister's back at college, carolyn and mrm are gone, august is winding down before it even wound up. finished a 804-paged book and the only thing i learned was that books can still make me cry (and no, it wasn't harry potter).

i think we should start counting how many nerinx people you run into after graduation (people that go to your school don't count). in the past two weeks, i have about four or something. some are repeats. most recently was maeve guzy today at walgreens. i love the we-went-to-school-together-for-four-years-so-thus-are-forced-to-make-petty-conversation-when-we-encounter-each-other conversations. they're so awkward.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

was this book about john adams?

oh, and i saw: casey kraft, lauren venegas, jane (and anna) zachritz, and katie brennan. (at work, work, galleria, kenrick)

8:04 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

oh my gosh, i know. emily sheffner came into the chase one time, and was like, oh my god margaret! and opened her arms and gave me a hug. and while i have nothing against her, we're not really at the hugging stage in our....relationship? we're acquantainces, you know? i mean, she doesn't want to hug me. i don't want to hug her. who made up this obligatory contact?

10:33 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

im curious about the book also...

3:11 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I saw Lauren Dougan and Sarah Strothkamp! :)

And most of the people on Marker Splotches.

10:37 AM  
Blogger puc said...

no the book was not about john adams or any other historical figure. history usually doesn't make me cry. it was until i find you, by john irving.

11:18 AM  
Blogger kylester said...

thanks

11:26 AM  
Blogger eat_this_corley said...

my favorite part of this post is the one line of text that extends far beyond all the others into the border. man i love that line.

11:39 AM  
Blogger etepetete said...

oooh I hate that awkward conversation stuff. I ran into Emily Wilner at an ice cream place and that was one of the most awkward conversations because we had a lot of classes together this year but we didn't really get to know each other at all or anything. AWKWARD!

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home