Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Friday the 13th, almost

I'm sick, I think, and it's making me crazy. Or, crazier than normal. Right now I'm writing a paper about Cicero and it makes me feel really grown up and intellectual to be discussing Cicero, but it's hard to write a paper when you're crazy. You write things like:

Certainly, Strato’s trustworthiness as a witness is dubious, specifically because of his culpability in the theft of Sassia’s home.

I like nice, long words. Fantastic. I hope I don't have mono, but many people do here. You know what else? It's freakishly cold. And I mean FREAKISH. I don't know if the heat in my room is working yet. I hope so.

And yet, tomorrow I have two classes and then it is fall break. And Saturday I will come back to STL, where hopefully the concrete keeps it somewhat warmer. So I just have to survive one day. Lead a discussion about Buddhism at 8am, finish my play review to turn in by noon, finish Cicero paper by 1:15 to discuss in class, and then, like magic. Do you realize that the LAST Lemony Snicket book comes out tomorrow?? I am really excited. Probably because I just love complex questions of good and evil, and more and more, that's what those books are. What could happen in The End? If I were in a town with more than one bookstore (which is Christian), I guess I would find out.

Well, I've talked on for a very long time. Here's hoping I sane up soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reine said...

I hope you feel better! Give me a call when you are in Saint Louis...I could certainly use the company

11:30 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

Your sentence structure is slightly erotic. I might be a little turned on right now.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

who isn't crazy with academic influences right now?

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home