Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'm Going To Die

I am going to die because ever since I got to SLU the one thing I really have wanted to do is to join a sorority. But I don't have enough money right now so I was going to do semester rush. However I just found out there is no semester rush. I'M SO FUCKING PISSED!!!!!!!!!

I don't have really any friends at SLU (I have like four friends - Sarah Meyer, Merge, Andrew Conner, and Tom) and this would have been the perfect way for me to meet people. I also have found a sorority that I really like and I wanted to join really badly.

I could rush as a junior but even rushing as a sophomore I was older than all the other girls and as a junior I would even be older than some of the actives.

This may sound stupid to some people but this was a really big deal for me and I am so disappointed it has put me in the worst mood.

8 Comments:

Blogger Reine said...

Haha sorry about being so dramatic about the dying thing.

I am a drama queen. But seriously, I will die

2:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

hey hey i understand ... i couldnt rush b/c i'm an RA and that conflicted with RA training but I'm able to do mid-semester rush and even 2nd semester rush so I'm sorry that things turned out the way that they did b/c I would be pissed too

3:35 PM  
Blogger eat_this_corley said...

whot the fuck cares if you are older than the other girls? at this age, several years really doesn't make a difference. just do what makes you happy.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually u can rush in the spring...its just harder because there is no formal rush..basically u have to get close with a sorority this semester and they would need to have space i.e. some1 would have to drop but it is possible... i know some sorority girls who know more about the process but u still can join its just harder

5:19 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

I understand nothing of sororities, especially the rushing of them. But I'm sorry, and please don't die!!!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laura, your going to poop

8:53 PM  
Blogger ConditSJ said...

Y'know what's a good way to meet people? Smoking. It probably costs less than a sorority and lets you meet a greater variety of people.

R.J. Reynolds (or Philip Morris, if that's your thing) loves you more than Alpha Sig Alpha (or whoever) ever will.

12:25 PM  
Blogger matty said...

i agree with stu. and mary-jane loves everyone more than any sorority. so smoke everything, and everything works out...it worked for bill clinton...and, since bush is more your thing, snorting coke obviously worked for him...

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home