Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

so i'm in college...

so after the past 9 and a half months that i've spent in college i came to the realization that i'm actually in college...

you know how like when you are in grade school or whatever...the possibility of being an adult is so completely far away that it doesn't seem real...and that college on that cusp...it seems so surreal to think that we're moved out of our parent's houses (at least most of us) and we're lookin for places of our own..considering our careers...paying for everything for ourselves...i think thats fuckin trippy and i was kind of in denial about all of that...till last night...

so last night hannah and i were doing homework and she finished at midnight and was like fuck i need a break and i was like hell damn i could use one of those cause i'll be up for a few more hours and i was getting sleepy...

so we decide to go get some coffee...theres a place in Old Town called the Alley Cat which has a similar feel to coffee cartel or kayaks or moccabees...its really freakin cute...its got Kwapy's Media Studio written all over it...random paintings and pictures and couches and lamps and plants and games and records and pretty much the most eclectic selection of music...

the best thing about Alley Cats (beside the phenomenal chai) is that it is open 24-7...anytime you need anythign you got it...their menu has food for all meals and coffee and smoothies and espressos and all kinds of jazz...its pretty magical...

so hannah and i are walkin there...across campus and down Old Town a few blocks...and we were sitting there on the couches drinkin coffee at like 2am and i was like hell damn i'm in college...

later on we were hit on the creepiest of the creepy who was talkin about how he liked to rip his arm off and how he liked to eat puppies and how he had spent the past 2 and a half years living on a submarine in conneticut...

but thats a different story...

14 Comments:

Blogger pipsqueak said...

I think about that allll the time. I don't believe it still; I often get hit with that fact. College is everything and nothing I thought it would be; it scares the fuck out of me, and I love it.

6:58 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

ditto pip. i still haven't come to the realization that i am in college and that the first year is over. Even though most of my stuff is packed, and my roommate is moving out tomorrow...... it still somehow hasn't quite hit me. maybe it will when i am back home - but probably not. who knows. it will be really weird next year when i don't come back to this dorm room.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

Honestly, it still has not hit me. I do not feel like I'm in college. It's weird.

Maybe it will next year maybe it never will. I never imagined college being the way it is.

I can't even believe my sister is twenty already. She's not a teenager anymore and its the weirdest thing ever. Me and everyone around me are growing up too fast and I don't like it

11:05 PM  
Blogger Fleaboy of the Night said...

nick, i heard that submarine rides cost an arm and a leg, or was that arm and dead puppies...crap i can't remember.

not that i've ever had the problem of being hit on, i mean lets face it i doubt i ever will, but when i'm old and creepy i would never hit on young girls. here are logical reasons...
A.) laura would kill me
B.) That's gross

so if your creepy laura will kill you.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Psyche1231 said...

see, i can get that we're in college. i just can't understand how i'm almost 20! 20! not a teen. 18...19...17...20 is practically an adult. fuck, it is an adult. i feel ancient anytime i think about it. i've been alive for almost 20 years...well, and if you count the womb part then i am 20 now!

hey...there's a handicap sign by my word verification...what is that?

3:41 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

yeah i dunno, but i have that too. the idea of being 20 scares the shit out of me. and its weird, cause i am the oldest out of my friends here. ahhh! i dont wanna turn 20!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

i must say that the handicap function is fun to play with but why is it numbers and not letters?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

hehehe

7:28 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

whoa!!!! I didn't know you could press on it! hahahaha that scared me. I didn't expect it to start talking to me! hehehehehe that gave me a good laugh.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how would you be able to type a blog or find the button with your mouse if you couldn't see enought to read the word verification? or is that for people who have learning disabilities like dislexia? hmmmm....

11:33 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

handicapp what? numbers?

1:53 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

Like your face?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

more like your mom...

8:20 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

OH SNAP.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home