Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Monday, January 30, 2006

Un-freakin-believeable.

Last night, I put out a house fire. I helped hook up the hydrant. I went around to the back of the house and knocked down the fire on the back porch with the blitzgun hose with my chief. Then I helped put out more fire with this guy Sandy from another department. My gear was completely soaked, all the way through. I was being rained upon with water, smoke, ashes, glass, and chunks of slate roof. There were times I couldn't see two inches in front of my face because of all the smoke. It was the most intense 7 hours of my life. My body aches and I'm running on 90 minutes of sleep, but I don't care. It was like a movie, or a dream. Am I even here?

6 Comments:

Blogger pipsqueak said...

p.s. hopefully i'll have pictures at some point. wheee!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Ponyboy Got Goosed said...

woah, whos tkaing pictures while theres a fire? - hovis said that while lounging on my bed after the wild sex

5:23 PM  
Blogger puc said...

whoa, holy shit mrm, that's amazing! way to go!

5:53 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

all sorts of news people were there taking pictures, and peeps from the house next door.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

im soo jealous i want to be a firefighter!!!!!!!

ps sandy is a girls name. or at least should be ONLY a girls name

9:34 PM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

oh. never mind about the picture comment. : p

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home