Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, January 26, 2006

life momentarily sucks.

So I was having a good morning. I'm not just saying that as background; I can feel myself slowly seeping into a place I like to be. A hard feeling to explain. But I woke up early and took my time getting ready for my 9:00 writing class (wact). Wact always makes me feel very... unashamed of being who I am. It's basically a discussion class and the way the dynamics worked out, I usually get to say whatever I want to and it's seen as a good thing because no one else is talking. After wact I walked really slowly back through campus, lePod playing, one of many college students walking by themselves along the paths we all walk on millions of times. I really like having music then. It makes me feel a degree removed from the awkwardness of social contact, letting me just watch people. Instead of finding things in them that I wish I was, I noticed them doing the exact things I do while being their own little people. I really like living in a city (our tiny city of the young), at least at this age when I'm still relating who I am to how I see other people.

Did anyone enjoy my extreme digression? Did anyone read it? It's a context for the suckiness.

I got back to my room to open the worst email ever. Okay, no one died. Only a little part of my soul. Last semester for my design final I painted a portrait of myself in color. I really liked it. Really really liked it. As in I thought it was the best painting I'd done yet. Well, I actually turned it in before it was finished but even unfinished it was the best. (Wait, none of the other paintings are finished either...) My teacher liked it too though, it was the only project I got full marks on and she asked to keep it so she could put it in the student art show.

It got fucking destroyed. I don't even know how.

10 Comments:

Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

perhaps during the time between this post was put up and puc's comment, jax had discovered the nature of said destruction, and could update the information. no need to be so judgemental, jeff, and everyone else, do you really need to be so mean back to him? if you really think jeff is so ridiculous and such a jackass, perhaps you should not even waste your time responding to his comments.

2:00 PM  
Blogger matty said...

jeff, are you mr jeff king? as in, went to sluh jeff king, and is now a mizzou? why must you continue to terrorize these lovely nerinx girls? go back to roller hockey ;)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

jax i am really sorry about your unfortunate mishap. you should tell your teacher how you feel about it if you have not already. that teacher should be ashamed that this happened. i am sorry. i hope you have better luck.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

there's no real consolation i can offer and i'm sorry. if nothing else, you should remember my philosophy in life: no matter what bad stuff happens to you, you can always right a bittersweet touching memoir and become rich and famous. this is just adding to your millions, darling.

8:23 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

i'm very sorry kweelie. good call anna.

10:27 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

That really sucks Jax!! I am sorry!! Do you at least have a photo of it? I know its not as good as the real thing, but you could at least have the memory....

10:38 PM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

my teacher might have slides, i could go ask her but i'm afraid i would spontaneously punch her in the face.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Psyche1231 said...

yeah, right now, i hate life. i'm just damn tired of it. not that there's really many alternatives that are very attractive right now. it's just...well, nothing goes right you know. i here that it's winter term mentality, but everything is just blah...and sucky. the worst part is, there's nothing incredibly devestating (like having the most awesome painting i've ever painted destroyed) but everything is simply disappointing. life is a let down. roommates suck. people who you thought were friends but are spreading false rumors behind your back suck. stepdads suck. classes suck. dads suck. cafe food sucks. wow, i'm sorry, this is not incredibly helpful to uplift your mood, jack. i was just going to say that i'm sorry. i once lost a story that i wrote (one of my favorites) because technology sucks too. you can never really replace those things...it'd never be the same. i'm sending you a big hug right now. muah, darling.

9:49 AM  
Blogger etepetete said...

yeah roommates do suck

1:49 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

i like my roommate

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home