Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

things that are funny @ college

-i now have a really cool "st. louis" accent. seriously, people from oklahoma sit there and listen to me talk, it's weird
-the towns here are as big as south county.. haha... sooo little
-my dorm (lottie jane) and matt and brian's dorm (john) have a cute little love story involving two creepy paintings to go along with it
-the fact that facebook is a cult and that because people are your friend on facebook that they think you are friends in real life as well
-the squirrels here are amazing (carolyn you'd be in heaven!) but they just lay around, people don't scare them at all, today i stepped over a squirrel b/c it was in the middle of the sidewalk just sitting there eating a nut..
-english classes consist of watching the matrix
-that my work study hours are 1-5am, that's right i just don't sleep anymore
-that to get my mail i have to do a combo lock .. so i just don't check my mail.. too much effort
-that my mascot is a golden hurricane even though we're in the middle of oklahoma.. that makes sense
-keeping a turtle as a pet in your dorm is hilarious
-free food is available EVERY SINGLE DAY! (yep.. everyday some organization gives out free lunch) i only ever have to use my meal plan for dinner.. it's amazing
-sluh boys are everywhere here! you turn around and there's one and then you turn around again and there are 20
-cliques still exist from high school (seriously i don't think that cor jesu girls talk to anyone not from cja)
-your roommate likes to hang her bras up all over the room just b/c it scares your friends
-people named jojo (oh yes... a boy... *sigh*)

12 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

the squirrels here do weird stuff like roll around on the ground... and i walked pretty close to one that had its head in the ground. probably it thought that if it couldn't see me, i couldn't see it. idiot.

10:25 AM  
Blogger puc said...

there's a facebook club somewhere called "just because you're my friend on facebook doesn't mean i like you in real life". maybe you should make a tulsa chapter of that and people will get a clue

word verification: jajoren

definition: small, rodent like creature native to the region of dijaboti and kenya; eats easy mac and enjoys swing dancing

10:44 AM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

squirrels here are weird too...they are red...its so bizarre and they aren't scared of people either...i have one named frank that lives in the tree outside of my dorm...he watches me when i sleep...

11:33 AM  
Blogger etepetete said...

i actually haven't seen too many squirrels. but i am in a facebook group called Ferret Equality Club. hehe ok. gotta go to class.

12:20 PM  
Blogger justsuckit said...

what exactly do you do for work study?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

i sit at the front desk of my dorm and answer the non-existent 4am phone calls.. sometimes we do get drunken dials though and that makes the job all worth the while

1:41 PM  
Blogger Keegan said...

My squirrels are red...they run fast and that's all. I miss fat roly poly squirrels. Steph, will you borrow one and send it to me? I need a squirrel buddy.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

I WANT A SQUIRREL BUDDY!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

the squirrels in kirksville are the best ever! they are like mutant squirrels.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

the kirksville squirrels are huge and red and are not scared of people at all. and when they are diggin holes to hide their nuts in it looks like they are humping the earth.

5:27 PM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

yeah me and this squirrel had a study group the other day... he sat next to me on my bench and we both stared at our book/nut (he had the book of course)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Cajackster said...

jax...thanks...i needed that laugh...oh good god...

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home