Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Sunday, September 18, 2005

the exorcism

um, so yea, my friend lindsey trout just informed me that the exorcist the Exorcist movie was based on happened at my school. in a building that i can see from my room. it's DuBourg Hall, it's right on Grand, next to the church. it's a gorgeous building, and really beautiful inside, but we were walking past it tonight and she mentioned it and told me what floor it was on and i got a creepy feeling on my neck because the lights in front of the building were casting huge shadows all over it, and there were trees....it was creepy. so yea, i didn't know that. just thought i'd throw that out there.
ooh and something weird. tonight i went to dinner and ate almost a whole hamburger and some fries that looked like waffles (we call them "waffle fries"--go figure) and then some ice cream that i couldn't finish, and when i got back to my room i suddenly felt WAY naseous and then i got a fever. so i was just chillin for a bit, trying to feel better, and about 45 minutes later i was suddenly fine. no fever and no tummy ache. how weird is that? especially because this just happened to my friend lindsey two nights ago. odd a lodd....
anyways, ciao for now, crazy things. keep having fun while i hold the fort here in good ol san louis.
-merge a lerge

6 Comments:

Blogger jacquelyn said...

do you mean the original excorcist? cause if so then im actually related to the priest who was involved with that, he's a great-uncle or something. in the movie he's the older guy.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell my lil trouty i say hi! i heard y'all are comin up to chicago this weekend...is that true?

12:57 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

um.... i am not. i wish i could but i am not.
merge - good luck living on a haunted campus. :) and keep holding that fort down - you are doing a good job. :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

ive met a priest who was there when it happened. in the room. with the boy. isnt that creepy? but he died a long time ago he was pretty old. he was really close with my mom they were like really good friends or something. he told my mom some of the scary stuff he saw/heard but she didnt tell me all of it. she still wont tell me all of it.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Psyche1231 said...

wow, i'm a little confused. jack, are we related or something, cause the priest who actually preformed the exorcism is my great uncle (my grandma king's brother)...

7:08 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

according to http://www.prairieghosts.com/exorcist.html, the priests involved were Rev. Raymond J. Bishop, S.J. from SLU and William Bowdern, pastor of st. francis xavier. also, Fr. Lawrence Kenny was apparently involved. Walter Halloran, later a priest but now a football player, held the kid down.

wow. i just read the whole page and it was all quite fascinating. i recommend it.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home