Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, July 15, 2005

My Day

So I woke up and drove Christie to work and then went to piano. Piano went good my teacher told me I am moving faster than any student shes had before. Then I came home and my dad said he was trying to clean and so he wanted me to do something wth the kids. So me, Michelle, Marge, and Mikey went to Jack-In-The-Box. The entire place was quiet until we got there. Ugh those freaking kids are so loud. Mike was banging on the windows trying to get people who were going through the drive through to wave at him. He was successful a couple times but mostly was just making a lot of racket.

So after an embarrassing exit where I had to drag Margaret and grab Mike out because they didn't want to leave we went to target to pick up some crap for Michelle. Mike broke something. And you know how kids are? Every five minutes running up with a new toy begging for you to buy it for them.

So after we finally got out of there we went to the bank. I was all excited cause I had two 330 dollar paychecks cause I had been working 30 hours a week for the past month. So we get into the bank and I'm filling out a deposit slip and trying to get the kids to shut up and I glance up and realize I'm standing right across from Mike Colon. He went to my gradeschool and I'm sure some of the Nerinx girls know him (he's the cute boy from CBC's Jazz Band who plays the drums and conducted or directed or whatever you call it that nice mixture of random songs this year). Anyways that was embarrassing cause I had half of Michaels cheesburger all over my shirt still and chunks of my hair were hanging out of my ponty tail from fighting children.

So I wrestled them back in the car and neither can buckle their seat belts you know cause of Margarets cast and cause Mike...well just cant. So they kept unbuckling them while I was buckling the other one in. And Michelle was just sitting there laughing and not helping. So finally I dragged the snots out to Best Buy to pick up the Sims Expansion Pack. Anyways on the drive there "Holla Back Girl" came on and we were all entertained by Mike singing "It is bananas, B-a-n-a-n-a-s!". So we got there I had to endure more protesting because I wouldn't buy "School Tycoon" (it was only ten dollars...I cant imagine why it was so cheap).

So on the car ride home I was all frustrated and I couldn't wait to get the brats home. So I notice its quiet in the back and I look back there and Shelly was sleeping in the front seat and Mike and Marge were sleeping in this cute little pile. It was totally worth dealing with the brats all day to see that.

It made me think how bad I feel. About leaving for college. As if I'm not already depressed about leaving my job and my friends but feeling bad about leaving them too. Its not the same as it is with Michelle and Christie. They both are old enough to remember me and have memories of me. Margaret is old enough to remember but she doesnt really know much about me. And Mike is too young to remember. So its like I'm gonna miss out on their growing up and they aren't even going to know me. It really really bothers me that its like that. A lot. Anyways I'm sure everyone stopped reading this paragraphs ago but...you know typing it out is more important than people reading it so...K bye.

10 Comments:

Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

you only make 5 bucks an hour?

10:58 AM  
Blogger kylester said...

shoot, if somebody bothers to type as much as you did, of course im going to read it. long things are usually more interesting than short little blurbs... and it was a good story. i could picture everything happening in my mind...

i have the feeling kent(my youngest bro, 12) is gonna do some growing up on me while im gone... and also some other people ive just met who are headed into high school... just a lot of thoughts about college running through my head. from love, to life, to money. about everday too... they never go away

11:14 AM  
Blogger jacquelyn said...

yeah, i was in a lot of turmoil about college back in january. or about my future in general. but now i seem to have accepted it... how devastatingly adult-like. just doing something because its the normal thing for our society.

it seems like 'kids' have more capacity to see where things could change.

12:59 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

I'll be missing Jacob's teen years. But it seems like I've been so busy the last year that it won't be too much different when I never see him while I'm in Vermont.

5:01 PM  
Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

you guys hold on to things to tightly.

10:29 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

I am the baby of the family so i don't really feel like i will be missing out on people growing up. maybe my cousins and stuff, but its not the same.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

i make 625 and hour. but taxes get taken out. LOTS of taxes. i hate it.

5:46 PM  
Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

Last week I made 275 dollars. Well at least that is what I got after taxes. 344 bucks minus 70 bucks to the good ole governmnet. I hate that feeling. I have much better use for 70 bucks then the government does, although I suppose that could be argued.

In general though I only make $250 a week.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

i've got nothing to miss out on except my dog getting older and his benign tumour perhaps growing.

miryam, i'm sure your brother's teen years are going to be... interesting. he's a strange kid.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

haha anna. you are funny.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home