Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My Midsummer Night's Dream

the post-dispatch is coming out with a cardinals' mid-season report tomorrow- you know, an overview of the first half, good stuff, bad stuff, etc. so i decided, since there was only one post today, and i'm slightly bored, i'm doing a mid-summer report. it'd be cool if you added yours.

Almost two months ago, I proclaimed that this would be the "Best Summer Ever". I determined this because I wasn't going to any camps or family vacations or any like unsavory events. So, far, I believe this is true. It started out well, with graduation parties (16 total! I win!), then moved on with Cardinals' games and hanging out and then my dance recital. Those were definitely the high points. I love Amanda's pool and Carolyn's adopted one. I also love Mikee's hill and Jax's trampoline and basically anyone's house that is not my own.

Some low points were definitely Crohn's stuff. But I'm better now (back on the steroids baby! I'm addicted!), so I hope that's all for the low points of the summer.

Back to high points- the weather has been amazingly nice. I hate the heat, which is 19% of why I'm going to New England for school. But it's been so cool lately (thanks Hurricane Dennis!). But that's also kinda sucky because when it's cooler, no one wants ice cream so I'm not scheduled to work. But it's all good because I'm also babysitting, painting and cleaning this lady's house, and working at my dad's school, so I've managed to make a tidy sum in my checking account.

So happy Mid-Summer everyone! Now I'm going to have a dream. (I hope Oberon is in it...)

3 Comments:

Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

New England is the best area in the country have fun with that. But FYI its not too much cooler during the summer, and most people don't bother with air conditioning so its sometimes feels hotter because there is really no place to escape the heat when it gets hot. But you get used to it fast, and I like it better that way. I despise coming out of hot weather into AC its just uncomfortable, and the reason I have worn shorts only once outside my house(other than jogging) this entire summer.

Glad your having a nice summer. I think it has been too long though. I only have one thing left I need to do, then I want to go back to school. Summers are too lonely and boring for me.

11:44 PM  
Blogger kylester said...

im escaping the heat. 7500 feet above sea level should accomplish that. and its not even that hot in globe, compared to phoenix. yesterday as a little warm, prolly around a 105, but we dont have the urban heat island problem, or too much humidity.

im not sure how mu summers going yet... mostly good, and ive met tons of people, which is kinda weird for me... and then im not going to see any of them for months at a time because i be in a new place, meeting even more people... guess it all kinda starts at once

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

summer is way morer than midway over. I have 2 weeks left.......sob.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home