Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, July 01, 2005

Angel

Right so a lady came in today and called me "sweet angel" and "darling baby". I was creeped out. ANd it reminded me that I hate compliments with a passion, for a very stupid reason. And just for the record, I just felt like rambling, it's not a "look at me and feel sorry for me" cuz everyone knows how much I hate that. Anywho, here it goes: When people give me compliments to my face I really don't know how to respond, and most of the time I don't believe them at all. I think it stems from when I was in grade school, when the guys wanted to get with one of the popular girls (who I was friends with) they'd always compliment me on something. So I just never believe those "common" compliments such as, "you're so pretty, intelligent, funny, nice" etc, etc. Anyway, enough bitching, who's excited for clubbing tonight? I am! Woo hoo, I've had my outfit picked out since the beginning of the week. I know, I'm a loser, but hey, I think we already established and accepted that fact. Ciao!

10 Comments:

Blogger Reine said...

yes lets all talk about clubbin a little more so laura can be reminded she is the ONLY one not old enough to go.

4:29 PM  
Blogger puc said...

i have problems accepting compliments too, keegs. but for me it's that i'm a perfectionist so that i think i'm never good enough for the compliment. hmmm. you wanna go to therapy together?

4:33 PM  
Blogger pipsqueak said...

You're not the only one.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

seriously who is good at excepting compliments/believe they are true? pretty much no one

5:17 PM  
Blogger Why'sTheRumGone? said...

i can't believe that the ONE night that I actually have a babysitting job, everyone is going clubbing. we have to go again, for me, okay?

5:40 PM  
Blogger eat_this_corley said...

ha! clubbing! guess who is clubbing??!! yeah thats right. i would tell you guys but im sure you wouldn't fucking believe me... i don't even know if i believe it myself. yeah i really want to hang out when i get back.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

ugh why does everyone have to talk about the fucking clubbin all fuckin day? seriously. its not like i dont already feel bad enough cause i cant get into bars with mike but now we are rubbin it in even more with the merges bday. by the time i can go clubbin we will practically be leaving for school.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Keegan said...

Hey, I will be at school when Nicole turns 18, so don't worry about it. We'll go again- and it's not like we can help it, it's your parents' fault for having sex too late in the game. Blame them.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

dailee, your cryptic remark is my favorite of these posts. i'm intrigued... can't wait to find out what the hell your talking about.

also, hovis, keegan's right. it's not our fault, and it is most definitely not merge's fault, so stop using her special day to complain.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

eww... i can't believe i actually wrote "your" instead of "you're"... jeff's ignorance must be contagious.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home