Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

WARNING!!

ok, so i just want to let you all know what happened so that you can learn from my mistake. my wallet was stolen at work. we all just keep our bags in a back room, and somebody went into my purse and stole my wallet. they then took my cash and my debit card and went to several different gas stations. they are racking up a couple hundred dollars since gas stations don't ask for a pin number or id. i had to cancel my debit card, get a new drivers license, notify my boss, and file a police report. there was a labor ready guy working at my work (for those of you who don't know, labor ready is an agency that sends unemployed people to agencies that needs workers). Most likely it was him, but since i didn't see him take it, i can't say that. Luckily, today the police went to my work to talk to my boss, and it turned out that the cleaning guy found my wallet wedged behind a toilet in the mens bathroom. my wallet (which i loved!) is probably ruined. they did find finger prints on the gift cards and all over the wallet, so they are going to keep it as evidence to get the fingerprints. i am going to get fingerprinted and my co-workers will also very likely get fingerprinted. the labor ready guy named mike...well, i don't know what they are going to do. or how they will find him. i have to fill out a huge amount of paper work at the bank for every transaction they made. it's a really big hassle. luckily, i am not accountable for any of it cause my card was stolen, so i will get the money back, and neither my pin number nor my social security number where in my wallet. anyway, i just wanted to warn you all that the world sucks. people are horrible sometimes. don't let your guard down even when you think you are in a safe place. (sorry for the negativity) Take care.
PS- "Howl's Moving Castle" is amazing! Ella and I want to see it again, so next week or so, we will get a group to see it cause Jack will be back. So be warned if you want to see it with us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reine said...

im really sorry that happened to you rebecca...that sucks having to go through the hassle even if you didnt lose money or anything.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Ponyboy Got Goosed said...

omg reba that suck majorly! i agree with laura; it sucks that you had to go through all that shit even when things are working out. but thank goodness they are.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Psyche1231 said...

yeah, i know that "the world is a dangerous place" but it just suprised me. but thanks for your support.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

yeah, i was shocked to hear about that.. esp at somewhere like work where you assume things will be okay.. you've definitely been an example as to how we should all be better prepared and watch our stuff (cause i know that i sure don't do that very well myself)

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home