Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Friday, June 17, 2005

is it really my cats or my parents that are crazy?

quick update on the mental status of my cats-

they went to the vet today and were "diagnosed" with anxiety. so my vet (who is a major hippie) has them doing all sorts of herbal therapy and such, and also taking medication. yes, my cats are on anti-depressants. it's only a matter of time before my dog gets ritalin. okay, so i'm usually an advocate for medication for mental illnesses, but isn't this going a little too far? okay, a lot too far?

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

yes. and yes.

12:34 AM  
Blogger kylester said...

ill post oa picture that shows a car under the influence... tell me if you see any similiarites

1:02 AM  
Blogger etepetete said...

that is really funny melis. Yuck, giving pills to cats is not a fun time though - my cat got sick once and we had to give her meds, i'll just say that i got some scratches from that experience.

1:48 PM  
Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

My cats are great with pills. Just get one of those little pill dispensor things, stick it in their mouth and pull the plunger. Boom. Done.

I won't argue my disagreement with anti-depressent medication.

Also based on an in-depth study, it has been proven that cats will make people more anti-social. I kid you not. If think I am full of shit say so and I will dig up the article(it was on fark a few days ago).

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home