Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Monday, July 25, 2005

...when the first emperor penguin decided to stay, to love, in the harshest place on Earth.

yea, so i've seen the end of The March of the Penguins at least 7 times, thanks to my job at the chase cinemas (please come and see me. it can get so boring sometimes.) when i pass out candy and stuff, i usually slip in and wait for the end of the movie, and then open the door when the credits start rollin and give people stuff.
i work with some pretty cool people, though, which is good. most of the girls i'm really uncomfortable around. i dunno, they just don't really like to talk. i'll try to make conversations, and i'll get a grunt or one word answer. i'm like, oh cool, let's make this more awkward. except this girl i worked with today, i thought my boss introduced her as Erin, but when she logged on into her name on the register, it said Irum, and her bracelet said it too, and she said she's from Pakistan, so i guess that's her name. But I definitely called her Erin, and she didn't correct me. a mystery...the guys are so much more laid back, and talkative. My favs are john, tom, ej, marcus, and frank. john was SO quiet at first, he like, never talked. but we started talking a lot, and then this freakishly tall women was getting some snacks, and she had really dark features, and some sort of eastern european accent, i think slovakian or something. so we were trying to guess where she was from, and he commented on her accent and suddenly goes, god that's so HOT! i was so taken aback, cause even though he's like, 24 he looks younger than he is and is really introverted (or seemingly so). i almost started laughing in his face, but then i stopped myself. it was just really funny. tom's just really funny, and so is marcus, and are always really helpful and let me know what i'm supposed to do without making me feel stupid (unlike most of the girls). and ej is like, super talkative and fun and helpful, and so is frank. he's like, THE smallest dude i've ever seen! he's so adorable! i think he and jenny might have somethin going on. they're always joking, and laughing together, and the two of them and dawn went out to eat onetime (dawn's really cool, too. i haven't worked with her yet though, just met her). my fav girls are dawn, yaffa, jenny, and irum. even though jenny doesn't talk much with me, she's cool and stuff, and we get along. yaffa's fun, and doesn't make me feel dumb. there's this one girl though, i think her name is kelly, and she hasn't bothered to introduce herself to me. she did ask me (sort of snottily) if i would hold the door for people who had a bunch of snacks, but has never said anything else to me. i was like, excuse me, i'm new, you should take it upon yourself to introduce yourself to me. and it's really obvious when i'm standing there and she's joking around with everybody else and like, pointedly ignoring me. for the time being, i've decided she's kind of a bitch.
so i've been at work ALL WEEKEND and today (monday) from 11:30-6, and then i saw charlie and the chocolate factory (for the third time) with my dad. that's why i haven't seen anyone, and i really miss you guys. i'm kind of busy this week (fam din din on tues eve, work 2:00-9:30 on wed, babysit for my sis's fiance's lil sis's, and friday i have relay for life. and again, i'm working THIS ENTIRE weekend). the next night i have available is the first tuesday of august, so hey, i'm going to find out what's going on, and call peeps. i miss you all.
anyways, so that's some stuff about my work. sorry this was kind of boring, and long, but since i haven't talked to anyone, i wanted to get it out. k bye.

4 Comments:

Blogger cmptrnrd16 said...

7.5 hour shifts or nothing. Last night I worked 4pm-130am. Thats a real shift.

2:02 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

this is my first real job. throughout high school, my dad didn't let me have a job during the year because he "wanted me to focus on my studies". and i never worked during the summer because i didn't really think about it. actually, i worked at a child care center for a while, but that's complicated. anyway, this work is new to me. so it's hard. and 7.5 hours is a real shift. my friend joey works 6 hour shifts, but he is helping to rebuild houses in the city. that's really hard, even though to some people 6 hours isn't that long.

4:15 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

oh yea, did i mention i have two jobs? when i said all weekend, i meant it. i work at slu's rec center from 10:45-5 on sat and sun, then wait in the heat for the bus, get to the chase at 5:30, and work until 11:00 or 11:30 (depending on how fast we close) also on sat and sun. and then i woke up on monday planning to take two buses to the chase, worked there, and then i work on wednesday. then i repeat the whole thing next weekend. but that's okay, it's money, and like i said, i work with cool people.

4:20 PM  
Blogger maggotsparklepow said...

where do you work, jeff? and you're right, 4pm-1:30 am is a long shift.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home