Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Sunday, May 15, 2005

My Life = Scary Movie

So last night I had one of the scariest moments of my life - seriously.
I got home from JT's at about 12:30. I get outta my car and I was thinking "damn I hate going into my house alone when its all dark." My house is creepy when it is all dark and I am the only person home this weekend - my parents are out of town and my sisters dont live at home anymore. It is too big and there are too many floors and dark rooms. So I enter my house, go up the stairs, turn on some lights, and then i realize that i left the back door open. (*scary music slowly begins, you know the creepy stuff that makes you nervous for no reason*). The door was unlocked and open about two inches. It took me a few minutes to remember that I had even left the door open, but I had - I opened it when I was eatin my breakfast. ANYWAY So I locked the door and then thought "wow, that is kinda creepy. thank goodness nothing happened - like someone coming into my house or something." So then I went to go check the answering machine (which is in the next room) and as I am walking to that room I hear a noise upstairs, and it sounded like a the door to my sister's room slamming. (*scary music get suddenly louder and makes everyone in the theater jump and grab their neighbor*) So I jumped about 5 feet into the air. I instantly stared at my ceiling, as if that would do anything... I heard another little noise sounding like something moving around. At first I thought maybe my cat had knocked something over, but no, she was in the bathroom chowing down on some food. So I was shaking all over and I was like "holy shit what should i do???" so i whip out my cell phone, press 911 - but i don't dial it yet, i just have it ready. I slowly ascend my stairs and round the corner so that I am then facing my sister's room. I quickly glance in my room and don't see anyone. I the proceed to my sister's door, and I kick it open (yes I seriously did kick the door) - it flies open and hits the wall and it reveals a room that is.... totally empty except for my sister's furniture. The windows in her room were open and the wind had made the door swing open and then slam closed again. So I checked her room - under the bed, in the closet etc... and there was nothing. So I felt like a complete idiot with my cell phone in hand still dialed to 911. It took me about an hour to fall asleep last night, I was all huddled in my bed trying not to think of other places a person could be hiding in my house. Then I kept imagining someone coming into my room with a knife or something. yeah..... quite a fun time at my house last night.

o and by the way, for all those who can't see the little counter thingy at the bottom of the screen - it is now at 844 visitors since April 26th.

2 Comments:

Blogger puc said...

you're very brave. i would've bailed

12:31 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

that reminds me of the time anne mccarthy was home alone (or was it maggie sweeney? i think anne) and she got so scared by noises that she hid under a table with meg mahoney on the phone but really it was just her dad coming in.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home