Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

snow

hey guys! Whats shakin? It snowed here yesterday!! Woo hoo, not really. Yesterday it was pretty and fun and all that but today it sucks. It snowed about 6 inches, which is really fun to play in (except none of my roommates would play with me, something about homework....). I was bored out of my mind last night because I didn't have any more homework to do (correction - I could have worked on my art projects, but the one required me to go to the art store, and the highways were a mess, so I ruled out that option. The other project required me to take a 20 minute walk at night in the snow. I opted out of doing that too. It will bite me in the ass this weekend, i know.) So I sat around in my apartment, bothering my roommates and staring outside at the people sledding down the hill outside my apartment. Then I went to bed, dreaming of a snow day.
And I woke up this morning to Cait, my roommate (I know, Cait and Katie living in the same room, cute and quite annoying for everyone else. haha) anyways, I woke up to her calling the weather hotline and cursing about the fact that we still have school. fuck. So I get up and realize I have 10 minutes to get ready and either take the 20 minute hike to the art building or dig my car out of the snow. I decide to attempt digging my car out. key word - attempt. I can't even get the door to open. After much pulling, Cait gets the door open. Then I realize that the windshield is covered in ice and I don't have time to scrape all of it off and still get to class in time. Also, I was rather plowed in. For those of you who don't remember, I have a little chevy cavalier. Cute little thing. But, I was a little worried about it getting out of the parking spot seeing as how there was about a foot of snow on every side (damn snow plows). So I gave up on the rescue effort and walk. It is now 815, and class starts at 830. I trudge across campus on the slightly cleared paths (which, although it is nice to not have to stick your foot in 6 inches of snow, it is very slippery) and finally make it to the art building by 835. I walk into my classroom and its dark. There is one other kid in there. Class was cancelled. She emailed us that morning. I didn't check my email because she is one of those teachers that is like "I will never cancel class, blah blah blah". Poo. After all that, I almost would have rather had class. So, I turned right back around and trudged my way back. By the time I got back to my apartment, my face was frozen (I even stopped in a building about halfway back to warm up).
Summary: Blech. Snow sucks the day after it falls, unless you don't have school.

2 Comments:

Blogger etepetete said...

shut up nick.
i did get out of a couple classes yesterday, so I do get to rub it in a little.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Reine said...

That exact scenario has happened to me like three times this year already. And the funny thing is it only happens when I have classes that are far away and ones where I have to drag my computer all the way down there.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home