Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Thursday, August 03, 2006

St. Joe's ATV Park

So me and my family like to go down to this ATV park. It's really cool and has an awesome lake for swimming and tons of space for ATVing and all kinds of things. Anyway I was there today and decided to go on one of the trails through the woods. Well all the trails intersect each other so basically you end up in the middle of the woods with 100's of trails everywhere. It took me a while to figure out where I was but eventually I did. So the trails all go up hill. On the way back down I saw the path was covered with a huge tree that probably got knocked down in the storm. So I took the rockier steeper path.

Anyway I'm going down the hill and my ATV gets stuck on a rock and is about to tip over. I climb off and try to push the ATV over the rock. Eventually I push it over the rock and I had my hand on the brake so it didn't continue rolling down the hill. Well the rock I was standing on apparently wasn't very sturdy and started like a small rock slide I got caught in. I skidded all the way down this huge hill. I was freaking out cause the ATV rolled down too and was headed straight for the lake but hit a tree and stopped before it flew into the lake. Luckily for the ATV the only damage is a dent in the front. I was not so fortunate.

I scraped up my whole body really bad and have a really deep cut in my leg. My shoulders, arms, elbows, wrists, hands, stomach, hips, thighs, knees, and shins are all torn up with strawberries and bruises and cuts. But the worst is my right leg. I got a really deep gash in my leg. When I got back to the shelter by the lake my parents made me get in the lake and clean all the mud off so they could examine the wounds. It was so painful. And on top of it, these stupid minnows kept eating the blood off my legs and it hurt. And everyone was staring at me cause I was covered in blood and crying cause it hurt.

Well I have a deep cut in my right leg and my mom wanted to go to the hospital and have it stiched up but my dad said no because it is dirty and has mud stuck in there. My mom was like "The hospital can clean it" but my dad said no and I just need to soak it every day a couple times. It is painful.

This is a picture of my right leg. The black spots on my leg are the deep cuts. The long blackish cut is the deep one.

This is a picture of the really deep cut. It is hard to see and it's not that big but it hurts and feels like my leg is on fire.

Anyway, that was my Thursday. It was sooo much fun.

PS - This week is shark week. I have been watching Shark Week since I was a baby. My dad always gets the first week of August for vacation and thats when Shark Week comes on so it has become a family tradition.

4 Comments:

Blogger eat_this_corley said...

aw im so sorry about that hovis... i hope you are ok.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

o_O holy crap. That's intense.

12:15 AM  
Blogger puc said...

good thing the fun outweighs the pain, cuz that looks pretty intense. hope you feel better

12:47 PM  
Blogger etepetete said...

OUCH!! I hope you feel better hovis!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home