Marker Splotches

Ramblings of the markers

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

She Drives Me Crazy! (ooo ooo)

So I just rediscovered one of my favorite songs from my childhood. "She Drives Me Crazy" by the Fine Young Cannibals. When I was little, I would listen to this song on my walkman (we had it on tape - the single - it was cool. It was white, and had their black outlines on it or something. I thought it was really freaking cool). But anyway, I have vivid memories of listening to this over and over again and singing, probably at the top of my lungs and most definately sounding terrible. Anyways, I was sitting at my computer today, thinking about songs from my childhood (sparked by a conversation last night when for some reason the song "Somebody's Watching Me" by the Rockwells, ft. Michael Jackson, came up). For some reason the name "Fine Young Cannibals" popped in my head, and my obsession was reawakened. I don't know why I felt it was important to share this tidbit of info with all of you, but I am pretty darn excited that I have rediscovered a song that is probably by most standards a disaster of a song, but I love it. hehe

p.s. another random tidbit - when I was little, I thought their name was Fine Young Cannonballs. Because I didn't know what Cannibals were. Yup, I was one cool kid.

p.p.s. I am sorry I can't attach the song to this, so the rest of you can share in the wonderful 80's-ness of the song, but I don't know how. go look it up bitches.

p.p.p.s i just looked it up for you - new level of hilarity. hahahahah i giggled the whole time i watched this. It is the music video for this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSa9s5x6tIQ&search=fine%20young%20cannibals
watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home